News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

t.v series talk: Keyla

Started by Redwallfan7, April 14, 2012, 01:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

Who else loves him besides me? I liked him both in the book and the movie
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Wolfstar

I do, even if in the tv series there was one little detail that is not him in the book.
Happy and kind.

WildDoogyPlumm

I liked him. He's pretty awesome.
Except his name was mispronounced like "Kayla".
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Lutra

It was not mispronounced--that's how it was said in the audiobooks as well.  Big difference is the voice and age of Keyla when you're comparing the book to the tv series.  In the book, he's meant to be older with a deep voice.  In the TV series, you have Noah Reid giving him a mature young adult voice, that isn't deep at all, so he sounds much younger than he probably was meant to be.  I won't complain...it works either way.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Lutra on April 14, 2012, 12:50:44 PM
It was not mispronounced--that's how it was said in the audiobooks as well.  Big difference is the voice and age of Keyla when you're comparing the book to the tv series.  In the book, he's meant to be older with a deep voice.  In the TV series, you have Noah Reid giving him a mature young adult voice, that isn't deep at all, so he sounds much younger than he probably was meant to be.  I won't complain...it works either way.
Was it?  I swear I remember them saying Key-luh in the audiobooks.
But yeah, he sounds younger in the TV series.  I think they messed that up with Felldoh too.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Tannsrall

I think they did Keyla rather well. I was a little surprised by felldoh's voice though.
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

Redwallfan7

I liked their voices in the show...
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

MatthiasMan

I know a mouse called Martin,
and a young un' who's named Brome,
captured by some vermin scouts,
as he strayed from his home.
So if you're out there list'ning
i'll pause awhile and wait,
for I've been singing half the night,
on this side of the gate.

Bragoon

They pronounced it "Key-luh" in the audiobooks. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

MatthiasMan

A vermin guard approaches,
Quick, get yourselves from sight.
I'll try yo get back to you,
This time tomorrow night!

Hey, check out my new story in the fan works.It's called Danderson Dettenick Dorranfair.

Tam and Martin

I wish he had a deeper voice in the movie one that sounds like the one in the audio (in fact his voice in the audio is played by the same person who played Gonff). ;)

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000