News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Zaran the Black

Started by Tiria Wildlough, October 07, 2011, 07:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

Since I recently reread Doomwyte, I got to thinking about Zaran the Black. She is a weird character, what with her double-pointed sword and funny way of talking. Still, I reckon that if my whole family was killed, I would go like her, funny speech and all. ;)
So, I just wondered, what's everyone else's thoughts on her?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

I thought she was really, really cool. A black otter! Brian always loved to throw a black version of a species in a book every now and then. For some reason, the only picture of her is this one, where she's rescuing Dubble:
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Janglur Swifteye

I like how she gave up her past and married skipper in the end

Dotti

Me too.  I think she may be the only creature that remarried.  I really like how Mr. Jaques didn't emphasize marriges/remarrying or divorces a lot.  It really allows the story to focus on the action!
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Plugg Firetail

I do not like how she remarries.Don't you find it kinda weird to avenge your family and then just remarry?

James Gryphon

It's never happened to me, so I can't say.

I have to say that if I married the girl of my dreams, and something tragic happened to her, I doubt I would remarry, but if someone else decided to make a different decision, I guess that's their right. It isn't like their late wife/husband is going to come back and be mad at them.

Relationships happen; apparently Zaran felt that the Skipper of Otters could help fill the void in her life, so they married. That's how it is.
« Subject to editing »

Taggerung The Otter

Quote from: Nightfire on October 07, 2011, 02:44:59 PM
I thought she was really, really cool. A black otter! Brian always loved to throw a black version of a species in a book every now and then. For some reason, the only picture of her is this one, where she's rescuing Dubble:

ah think that a snow white otterr would be wven more awesome, wot wot
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Nightfire

Well, Riverfern my RP-ing character is snow-white, and she's an otter.  :D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Taggerung The Otter

Quote from: Nightfire on November 11, 2011, 08:36:14 PM
Well, Riverfern my RP-ing character is snow-white, and she's an otter.  :D

ah ken... ah am in et tae
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Blademaster

Ya i loved that Darth Maul sword of hers ;D and the ninja black paired with Bloodwrath made one of if not the best otters in the serise
Cluny-"Shut up!" Cheesethief-"Shutting up chief."

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Taggerung The Otter on November 11, 2011, 08:02:14 PM
Quote from: Nightfire on October 07, 2011, 02:44:59 PM

ah think that a snow white otterr would be wven more awesome, wot wot
There was another picture of her.
I'm not a hipster.

Leatho Shellhound

Yes on chapter 29 there is another pic of Zaran.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Skipper

she was cool, i liked how she got married and their son seemed pretty funny, i wonder where/when she started to speak like that

Tiria Wildlough

Maybe she didn't talk a lot while she was working on the hill, and didn't use her voice a lot, so she wasn't used to talking.
I'm not a hipster.

Ciaran Galedeep

if you read my fanfic story of Ciaran Galedeep he is a hybrid of many of my favorite characters (thou i created him before i read doomwyth! GO FIGURE). she is probably my third favorite female otter the others being Iris and Grath