News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What are you a die hard fan of?

Started by Søren, October 17, 2014, 06:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on July 15, 2015, 01:42:25 AM
That's interesting. For me personally, I generally prefer the Pokémon from the earlier games but the stories from the later ones. Ruby/Sapphire is where the villains started to get better rather than just "we want to steal your Pokémon" with Magma and Aqua both having actual motivation to do what they did. The high point of this for me is Black/White for obvious reasons. I haven't played any of the games after that but from what I know, B/W is my favourite of them.

I totally understand what you are saying, but the Black and White games have a major flaw that, at least I, cannot ignore: they are just filled with some of the worst examples of Pokèmons that I have ever encountered in one of those games. I think that it would be safe to say that I only liked the starters -and even them weren't all that appealing (well, Snivy was)-.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

rrrrr

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on July 15, 2015, 04:27:41 AM

I totally understand what you are saying, but the Black and White games have a major flaw that, at least I, cannot ignore: they are just filled with some of the worst examples of Pokèmons that I have ever encountered in one of those games. I think that it would be safe to say that I only liked the starters -and even them weren't all that appealing (well, Snivy was)-.

I know what you're saying. For people like us who are introduced to Pokemon earlier like Gen 1 or Gen 2, some later ones would seem strange (like Rotom :P) I usually choose the Fire-type starter, but Tepig was just so less (stats and moves-wise) compared to earlier starters (such as Chimchar, for example). Samurott turned out to be good, though.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Hickory

I have several favorite fandoms, and here are a few.

Leviathan alternate universe

Star Wars

CHERUB

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: rrrrr on July 15, 2015, 10:36:44 PM

I know what you're saying. For people like us who are introduced to Pokemon earlier like Gen 1 or Gen 2, some later ones would seem strange (like Rotom :P) I usually choose the Fire-type starter, but Tepig was just so less (stats and moves-wise) compared to earlier starters (such as Chimchar, for example). Samurott turned out to be good, though.

Haha yeah. Generation 5 has to have the absolute record of strangeness. There was a Pokèmon who was a candle who then evolved into an oil-lamp (?) a baloon, a freaking ice cream cone! And the list goes on.

But for me the biggest sin came from the Animè itself... they tried way too hard to make all the starters look like the greatest thing ever and their effort fell short. Seriously... Tepig taking on two fully-evolved enemies at the same time? Snivy winning every battle she was on? Oshawott was ok, though.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on July 15, 2015, 01:42:25 AM
That's interesting. For me personally, I generally prefer the Pokémon from the earlier games but the stories from the later ones. Ruby/Sapphire is where the villains started to get better rather than just "we want to steal your Pokémon" with Magma and Aqua both having actual motivation to do what they did. The high point of this for me is Black/White for obvious reasons. I haven't played any of the games after that but from what I know, B/W is my favourite of them.

Eh, I find Pokémon I hate in every generation... I think. I do, however, like the vast majority of all of them. I suppose I just go on design so some of the terrible Pokémon you might not like are probably on my list because the designs are alright. Just because boredom I'm going to list off every Pokémon I hate or strongly dislike.

Spoiler

Gen1
Venusaur
Zubat
Gloom
Weepinbell
Magmar
Gen 2
Skiploom
Snubbull
Granbull
Smoochum
Magby
Gen 3
Slakoth
Skitty
Medicham
Feebas
Luvdisc
Gen 4
Bibarel
Burmy
Wormadam
Pink Shellos
Ambipom
Drifloon
Purugly
Lickilicky
Glaceon
Probopass
Gen 5
Simipour
Woobat
Swoobat
Gurdurr
Conkeldurr
Darumaka
Scraggy
Trubbish
Garbodor
Gothita
Gothorita
Vanillish
Vanilluxe
Foongus
Amoonguss
Tynamo
Cubchoo
Stunfisk
Vullaby
Gen 6
Quilladin
Braixen
Froakie
Bunnelby
Diggersby
Scatterbug
Swirlix
Slurpuff
Pumpkaboo
Gourgeist
[close]

Okay so most of my hated Pokémon are found in Gen 5 but the story and the other Pokémon make up for it.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

SoranMBane

Awww... :( I actually really like a lot of the Pokemon in Gen 5. Joltik and Swoobat are two of my favourite Pokemon ever, and I just love Yamask, Scrafty, Trubbish, Zoroark, Chandelure, Volcorona, Reuniclus, and Scolipede. Honestly, I don't think I really "hate" any Pokemon. At worst, there are some designs that I find a bit boring or uninteresting, but, at the end of the day, they are supposed to be creatures (well, monsters, really, but still), and since there is no animal in real life that I hate, the same naturally holds true for Pokemon.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on July 15, 2015, 10:37:47 PM
I have several favorite fandoms, and here are a few.

Leviathan alternate universe

Scott Westerfeld?

rrrrr

Quote from: SoranMBane on July 16, 2015, 12:19:32 AM
Awww... :( I actually really like a lot of the Pokemon in Gen 5. Joltik and Swoobat are two of my favourite Pokemon ever, and I just love Yamask, Scrafty, Trubbish, Zoroark, Chandelure, Volcorona, Reuniclus, and Scolipede. Honestly, I don't think I really "hate" any Pokemon. At worst, there are some designs that I find a bit boring or uninteresting, but, at the end of the day, they are supposed to be creatures (well, monsters, really, but still), and since there is no animal in real life that I hate, the same naturally holds true for Pokemon.

You must have started playing them later (like Gen. 4)?
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Jetthebinturong

I started at Gen 2 and I still love the majority of the later Pokémon. Besides, Soran is 22.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Luftwaffles

@Jet: What's your opinion on the whole N thing? Because that character gave me a really hard time getting thru Black and White, just because how... strange he was.

Jetthebinturong

@Skarzs: I saw what you did.

N is my favourite character in the entire series honestly. His power is really interesting, his plan and ideals likewise. His backstory is also really interesting, really scary and quite disturbing which I love. Also he has a really cool design and is the only character in the game's canon (aside from the player) to win the trust of a legendary Pokémon.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on July 16, 2015, 01:16:23 AM
@Skarzs: I saw what you did.

N is my favourite character in the entire series honestly. His power is really interesting, his plan and ideals likewise. His backstory is also really interesting, really scary and quite disturbing which I love. Also he has a really cool design and is the only character in the game's canon (aside from the player) to win the trust of a legendary Pokémon.

Cool! I was actually kind of annoyed every time he showed up (specially in the treadmill... that part was like way too much) because of his cheesy dialogue and how uninteresting he was to me. The one good thing I'm going to say about him, though, is how unpredictable he was... even if only during the first playthought, I could never predict when or where he was going to show up (even though you can do that painfully easy with other characters of the earlier games).