News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

What are you a die hard fan of?

Started by Søren, October 17, 2014, 06:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

Pokémon is the definitive video game series, anyone who doesn't play it is doing themselves a disservice.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

Kitsune

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on July 17, 2015, 02:30:44 AM
Pokémon is the definitive video game series, anyone who doesn't play it is doing themselves a disservice.

^

Luftwaffles

Very well said, although that's not true for every installment on the series.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Delthion

Meh...I don't care that I don't know what you're talking about.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Norham Waterpaw

I'm probably a die hard fan of eating.  ::)
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

The Skarzs

As in you like food or just like eating?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Delthion on July 17, 2015, 02:53:46 AM
Meh...I don't care that I don't know what you're talking about.

Haha, you sound like me when I'm checking the upper boards :P

(But seriously, I'm surprised about how many of you don't know the first thing about Pokèmon. The thing hasn't exactly been subtle when it came to exist).

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on July 17, 2015, 02:50:04 AM

What you want to play is either Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald or Firered/Leafgreen. You don't want to play Red/Blue because why would you when you could get the exact same game with better graphics and less bugs. Alternatively you want Heartgold/Soulsilver, because Lugia is the best and you're wrong if you disagree. I only gave the other two options because nostalgia (FR/LG) and the best installment overall (R/S/E).

Wylder Treejumper

Hmm... I have Ruby. I've beat it. And I found it astoundingly repetitive with a total lack of driving plot...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jetthebinturong

It's a Pokémon game, there is no driving plot in the earlier ones. They started getting plots with Diamond/Pearl but R/S/E had the best generation of Pokémon.

Wylder Treejumper

Well, I've only played the one I have, but I found it boring and repetitive. I mean, how long do I really need to walk around in tall grass? Because it gets boring pretty quickly. Add to that the fact that strategy is pretty much nonexistent, and I found it not worth replaying.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on July 17, 2015, 03:07:12 AM
Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on July 17, 2015, 02:50:04 AM

What you want to play is either Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald or Firered/Leafgreen. You don't want to play Red/Blue because why would you when you could get the exact same game with better graphics and less bugs. Alternatively you want Heartgold/Soulsilver, because Lugia is the best and you're wrong if you disagree. I only gave the other two options because nostalgia (FR/LG) and the best installment overall (R/S/E).

I actually thought that the remakes were an awful idea that deprived the original games from their charm and glory. YES, they did add a lot of stuff that I really liked and yes they were less buggy but... not my style, sorry.

And I agree with SoulSilver, that game is *all kinds of cursing* awesome and it only enhanced the original game's experience.

Delthion

I am as close as I come to being a die hard fan of Mount & Blade.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Gonff the Mousethief

I've heard of that game Del, but never played it.

I am really a die hard fan of:

LotR
The Hobbit
Redwall
Sherlock
Video Games
Elder Scrolls
Books

And a bunch of other things.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,