The Sable Quean
5 (4.5%)
The Rogue Crew
10 (9%)
All of them!!!
30 (27%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Rainshadow

I love Doomwyte, but it was funny, the first time I read that book, I was so scared of the wytes.  Of course, once I found out what they were, I was like, "The wytes are awesome!"
  But, my favorite one would probably be The Taggerung.  Just because Tagg is awesome though.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

I really love them all though. That's what makes Brian my favorite author because he wrote so many good titles
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

I was the first to vote for Marlfox AND Salamandastron! Outrage!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Icefire

I chose Martin the Warrior, Mattimeo, Marlfox, Taggerung, and All of them! Of course, All of them isn't strictly true. I couldn't stand Doomwyte at all.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

W0NWILL

C'mon, Doomwyte was awesome, Brian Jacques wrote it!

Redwallfan7

Triss, Taggerung, and Pearls of Lutra are my faves. I could'nt stand Mariel of Redwall, the plot was full of rats, I enjoy characters from Triss and Taggerung
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Flandor

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on June 20, 2012, 06:14:16 PM
Triss, Taggerung, and Pearls of Lutra are my faves. I could'nt stand Mariel of Redwall, the plot was full of rats, I enjoy characters from Triss and Taggerung

O.O but but rats are awesome...

I voted Lord Brocktree, because its really exciting and full of memorable scenes.  I love all the characters.  The Bark Crew; Brocktree, Dotti and Ruff, Stonepaw and his brave old hares, Fleetscut and Jukka.  Also, Ungatt Trunn was an appropriately terrifying villain with an enormous horde.  Finally, it was kind of nice to see a deviation from the typical book pattern.

Mossflower I picked because it has an awesome plot, great characters like Mask, Bane, Ferdy and Coggs, Gingivere, Martin... the way they flood Kotir is genius and the final battle is very satisfying.  Its really one of the 'classics' in my opinion.

Legend of Luke is one of my favorites, simply for book 2.  Martin's quest is entertaining and has lots of interesting food and characters like Folgrim and Chugger, but Luke's story is incredible. I loved his crew.  Beau was a great hare character and I almost cried when he fell overboard.  I did cry when Vurg found the remains of his crewmates floating in the wreckage.  It was such a tragic and courageous story, with just enough humor and good times to balance it.  Luke and Ranguvars final moments were nothing short of epic, and Vilu Daskar was an interesting villain to be sure.  All in all a favorite.

Mattimeo I love because it is such a dark and desperate story.  There aren't many happy moments here ant it felt somber; a nice change from the ordinary Redwall story.  It's very long and meaty to read, perfect for rainy days.  I thought Slagar was such a great change from the "evil warlord who wants Redwall" stereotype.  Rather than trying to conquer, he just wanted revenge.  And his scheme was quite brilliant.  This one had a lot of character death, early on too.  Hugo, Lettie Bankvole, then Warbeak and Log-a-log.  The final battle was amazing, and the Ironbeak plot at Redwall was equally desperate.  It felt severally times like the birds might win.  All in all, its maybe a more adult Redwall tale and I always enjoy it when I pick it up.

The last one I chose was the Long Patrol.  I loved that there was no you hero who rose up to defeat the villain.  Lots of young heroes rose up, and lots of peaceable beasts took up arms to defend their home.  The scene where they're marching to the Ridge from Redwall is awesome.  I loved Russa, and Tammo was very believable.  He didn't magically know how to be a fighter or how to travel.  We got to learn as he did.  I also very much enjoyed the quest under Redwall.  Shad is one of my favorite otters, and the fat young squirrel was great too.  The battle was just epic, the only one of its kind in a Redwall tale.  This was a great read and very exciting.

"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

Loamhedge, I liked some of the vermin in that book. I don't hate some of the rats, it's just the rats in Mariel of Redwall I couldn't seem to like

Skalrag of Marshank

I liked Redwall, Mossflower, Mattimeo, and Marlfox.

I'm sorry, but Martin the Warrior went way too slow for me. The first part was OK, but then it got too focused on the whole Martin and Rose thing, and I got bored.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Redwallfan7

Taggerung is so cool. I love how Mhera and Deyna both ruled the abbey in the end

WarriorOfMossflower

Hmm, this is hard, but I have to say The Rogue Crew or The Legend of Luke.
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

WarriorOfMossflower

On second thought, The Legend of Luke, Rakkety Tam, The Rogue Crew, All of Them, and Mariel of Redwall
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Flandor

I did like Loamhedge a lot.  It didn't make my top five though.  Loved Flinky and Badredd's crew, liked Lonna even though he was a bit overpowered, Bragoon and Saro were awesome and the end makes me cry.  Horty and his friends got annoying though and Martha was a little bit Sueish, just my opinion.

@Skalrag: I agree about Martin the Warrior.  Martin and Roses' parts draaaaag, and they encounter some of the most annoying characters in the series.  Felldoh and Bromes' parts were exciting and I loved the Rosehip players, and the bits at Marshank with Clogg and Badrang were very good but the middle is hard for me to get through because of Martin's journey.

I love the idea of Taggerung.  The Juska were really cool, and I liked Sawney.  I liked Tagg even though he was a little vanilla for having grown up with vermin, and Nimbalo was just awesome.  But the story was so long, and not a lot happened it felt like.  I can never get through it.  I've only read through to the end twice.  Cregga and Mhera are great but it felt cheap to me that the -ittigal stuff didn't actually lead then anywhere and nothing much really happened at the Abbey besides that all book.  The final "battle" wasn't much of a battle, and it seemed forced when Ruggan Bor showed up and then Russano.  I do love some parts of it, but its a hard book for me to get through.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

Regardless of whether Taggerung had a good battle or not, I still like it, however, it would have been nice to see a better battle in it. Also, Taggerung and Triss (also Martin the Warrior)  have become my favorites in plot. Loamhedge isn't in my top 3 like those but I still like the villians.  I disagree about the martin and rose part, my Mom and I love their relationship, and I didn't think that part was hard to get through at all. I hope we can still stay friends regardless of our different opinions.

Flandor

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on June 21, 2012, 09:58:53 PM
Regardless of whether Taggerung had a good battle or not, I still like it, however, it would have been nice to see a better battle in it. Also, Taggerung and Triss (also Martin the Warrior)  have become my favorites in plot. Loamhedge isn't in my top 3 like those but I still like the villians.  I disagree about the martin and rose part, my Mom and I love their relationship, and I didn't think that part was hard to get through at all. I hope we can still stay friends regardless of our different opinions.

Lol no I don't stop being friends with people because they like different Redwall books.  Triss was pretty excellent.  I found it ironic that my least favorite character was Triss though.