News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

[DISCUSSION] The Redwall Kitchen

Started by martins#1fan, July 20, 2011, 07:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martins#1fan

I just checked out The Redwall Kitchen, made my mouth WATER!  :P :P ;D ;D ;)
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Captain Tammo

I have the cookbook. Best thing EVER!!!!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

James Gryphon

Are you referring to this Redwall kitchen?

It's definitely interesting to see real recipes patterned after Redwall courses. I've always liked the ditchnettle pepper/hotroot soup, and since it has such simple known ingredients, it should be relatively easy to reproduce in real life.
« Subject to editing »

Nightfire

Ever hear of Otter Rockcreams? Heeheehee ;D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Osu

Quote from: Lady Amber on July 20, 2011, 09:32:36 PM
Ever hear of Otter Rockcreams? Heeheehee ;D
They're delicious... everybody should try 'em. XD

Thanks for the link, I'd never seen that before!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Storm

Deep n' ever pie sounds incredible. I have a friend who had a redwall feast. It was wonderful. I think I'll try to make the Otter Hotroot soup at some point. I love spice
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears.
I have come to bury Caesar, not praise him.
"Julius Caesar" by William Shakespeare

Martha Braebuck

you guys have just GOT to try strawberry scones...I've made then like...3 times for me family and everyone ab-so-flippin'-loot-ly loves them  :D
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah tried the zconez. Deliciouz!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Log-a-Log

I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Osu

Strawberry scones! *adds to list* The only scones I've had before are eggnog. XD

Martha Braebuck

Quote from: Osu on July 30, 2011, 01:45:40 PM
Strawberry scones! *adds to list* The only scones I've had before are eggnog. XD

wow, never heard of those!
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

Osu

Oh my goodness, eggnog scones are the most delicious thing on the planet! Next to Redwall fare, of course. I know they're a seasonal item at a store called World Market, 'fraid I don't know any other times or places to find them.

Now, strawberry scones... I must try these! Must, must, must...!

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I think I've lost it.

I've seen and read through this thread, viewed the link, and never did it occur to me to actually try any of these recipes...
How did I miss that objective?
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Osu

LOL ToR. :D Well, now you know you can go make some strawberry scones! Because I love having multiple guinea pigs to try recipes before me. >:3

Lily

I made myself shrimp and hotroot soup last night. I didn't use any recipe, I just pulled ideas from the recipes on the Redwall Kitchen. I put in heaps of pepper and chili pepper, along with onions, potatoes and of course shrimp. I also put in a clove of garlic but that flavour was lost because I put in so much pepper. :D It was deliciously spicey. I will definitely make it again.