redwall tv series continue
57 (90.5%)
redwall doesnt continue
6 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 59

eualaia

wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

winifred

I think I read at wikipidiea (on the tv show)they were going to keep on but didnt have anough funds.I know it sucks :(
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

eualaia

maybe us the peoples of the forum could starta redwall tv fund raiser

Lutra

From what I know, the support was not there financially and on the network to make another season.  Nelvana supposedly really wanted to do another one if those items could be found.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

eualaia

Captain Tammo

I thought it wasn't because of funding, but because they just didn't want to or for some other reason stopped. But as far as I know funding wasn't a problem
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Taggerung_of_Redwall

According to Wikipedia here, it was a funding issue, though the show was popular.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Firewall978

Quote from: Lutra on November 13, 2011, 02:42:16 PM
^ Nelvana is going strong...they most certainly did not run out of money.  ;)  Couldn't find supporters to carry the series for another season.  Supposedly they would've loved to do another season if the financial support and the markets were there to support a fourth season...

I believe that this would be the reason. I got this quote from the Poll entitled "redwall TV Series". http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=1054.0

Folgrimeo

News to me, previously I thought it wasn't a popular show, it was certainly more serious than its animation style suggested. Wouldn't be surprised if some other hot show came in and needed a slot (like Sonic SatAM being replaced by Power Rangers). Unfortunately with the show being off the air, if they were to eventually revisit the series, they'd probably have to re-air the old episodes for a while to get people used to it again.

Firewall978

I suppose you could be right. They could just Start it all over again with new and Improved Animation.

eualaia

well it must be popular cause its on netflix

:/

Lutra

Quote from: eualaia on November 18, 2011, 03:32:08 AM
well it must be popular cause its on netflix

:/

I don't think anyone was saying that it never was popular.  Among potential sponsors though to help keep the show in production, maybe they just didn't see the potential.

I checked Netflix, and indeed, all 3 seasons of Redwall are available for streaming to a computer, Wii, xbox.  I wonder how long though because Netflix's streaming titles often change based on whatever deals they have with the production companies.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Lutra on November 18, 2011, 11:36:29 AM
I don't think anyone was saying that it never was popular.  Among potential sponsors though to help keep the show in production, maybe they just didn't see the potential.

I checked Netflix, and indeed, all 3 seasons of Redwall are available for streaming to a computer, Wii, xbox.  I wonder how long though because Netflix's streaming titles often change based on whatever deals they have with the production companies.

It must have just happened this month. Last time I checked to see if Netflix had Redwall, they only had it on DVD.

What movies you can stream on Netflix changes every month. I started watching a movie at the end of the month, and went back to finish it another day. It was unavailable except for DVD rent.  :(
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Firewall978

Quote from: Redwall Musician on November 18, 2011, 06:55:36 PM
Quote from: Lutra on November 18, 2011, 11:36:29 AM

It must have just happened this month. Last time I checked to see if Netflix had Redwall, they only had it on DVD.

What movies you can stream on Netflix changes every month. I started watching a movie at the end of the month, and went back to finish it another day. It was unavailable except for DVD rent.  :(

It has been able to stream on Netflix on the Wii for at least 2 months, I believe. I know because I have been watching it, I started watching at least during last month.

Lutra

Despite its availability on Netflix, I'd try and get a copy on dvd or something just because the licensing rights can disappear and then its no longer on Netflix.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra