News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Downtown

Started by Kitsune, March 30, 2015, 02:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Leading the way into his house the hedgehog introduced himself to Kat.

"I'm Larry, but Arron always called me Lar, because we were best buds." Larry told her shamelessly while Arron pulled faces. Taking them into the kitchen which was a horrible mess Larry produced a carton of milk and three questionable glass cups. Kat and Arron quickly refused any milk while the hedgehog poured himself a glassful.

"So buddy, what you here for, surely they didn't send you to arrest me." Larry said draining his glass.

"Were here for your skills, and that's it, I don't want you calling me for money and I'm not going to any of your wild parties. And don't call me buddy!"

Larry grinned setting down his glass with a slight clink. "My skill, aye I still got those, but It will cost you."

"What's your price?"

"You have to call me Lar again."

"Your not serious."

"I am."

"No."

"Do it."

"Aaaaagh, I need your skills Lar." Arron conceded each word dripping with menace.

"Yay, into the nerd shed." Larry cried dashing away leaving a bemused Kat and angry Arron.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Izeroth

Ragar silently cursed his luck. Fardan had either seen him or felt him; the wildcat would now surely flee. As it was, however, there was a chance Ragar could catch up with him.

Might as well chase after him. Ragar leapt from the window, landing on a pile of discarded trash.

Hickory

At the cheap plywood construction, Fardan closed his laptop and packed it intoa courier bag, which also held several mags, a small whet stone for his rapier, and a food pack. He knew that the area he was stationed in right now was full of retired residents, severla from the police force. He cursed himself. The fool he was! Working in such close proximity to dangerous individuals!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

Upon exiting Larry's house and walking into the back yard to a literal shed. Larry twirled a old rusty pad lock gaining them entrance to his world. A large desk with several puffy computer chairs with the occasional spike stuck in them dominated the small room. On the desk was stacks of computers and a row of monitors. Along the walls signed copies of Batbeast comics sat in glass cases. Crammed in one corner was a small foosball table.

Stepping around the piles of empty pizza boxes and sitting in front of one of the screens Larry fired up his computers.

"So what exactly is it you need me too do pal?" The hedgehog asked rubbing his paws together gleefully.

"Are you still the best hacker around Larry?" Arron asked claiming a seat nest to Larry pulling a spike from it first. Kat remained standing looking on with her never ending glare.

"Are you kidding, I could break into Salamandastron's servers if'n I wanted too." Larry boasted. "And unlike other hackers I don't leave traces so I've never been caught."

"Perfect, I need you to hack into Police records, they were unable to find out who broke in and I want you too." Larry needed no second bidding turning he began to work typing furiously on the keyboard.

Kat blanched at Arron. "You can't, that's illegal, and wont they notice like they did with the other hacker.

Arron didn't need to answer Larry responded to Kat his voice showed he was proud of his skill. "Nope, they wont know I'm there, I'm too go for that, whoever broke in before was skilled, but my old mamma used to say no matter how skilled you are there's always someone better." Finishing he leaned back. "Okay I'm in what now?"

"Find him."

"Or her." Kat put in.

"No can do, whoever it was is skilled, they erased almost everything, except what they looked at that is."

"Pull up a list of everything he viewed while on the police records." Arron ordered leaning close to the screen. He had no idea how Larry did it but he was confident in the hedgehog's skills.

Hickory

Fardan had jogged and walked several blocks. He stopped, taking a breather. He suddenly stopped,, holding his breath. The wildcat slowly reached into his right pocket, where the paper list should be stored.

It wasn't there.

Kitsune

Arriving at Lauren's Apparel, K'taah tossed the apple core in a trashcan outside and opened the front door. She saw that a skinny stoat was already there, washing the front windows. K'taah grinned. That was Melissa, one of her good friends.  She also liked to have a thrilling life, but usually the kind of thrill she liked was found at the bottom of several bottles.

"Well, someone's up early," K'tahh said, causing Melissa to glance up and smile.

"Decided not to go to Barry's last night," she said.

"I figured that they could keep a few cold for me tonight. Plus, Friday specials!" she chuckled a bit, then stopped cleaning.

"Truth is, I feel that I've been drinking too much. I'll be cutting back a bit." She looked up at K'taah, who nodded and said

"I understand. If I tore up the streets every night, it would take the fun right out of it for me."

"Yeah, I suppose so," Melissa said, going back to cleaning the window.

K'taah put her purse behind the counter and put her key in the cash register. People rarely came that early, so she sat down on a stool and decided to check the news on her phone. She always made sure that she didn't make the news, or she would have to cut back on her wild nights. To her surprise, she saw that someone had apparently hacked the police database. Instantly she remembered that whomever had called her knew of her police data. She stood up.

"I'll be right back, I have to go to the bathroom," she said over her shoulder to Melissa.

K'taah closed the door and locked it, turned her phone's volume all the way down, and called the number. I still need to get his name, she reminded herself. She wanted to make sure that she was in no danger of getting caught.

Hickory

Fardan paused to take the hone out of the small bag. It was K'taah! He swifty looked around. Satisfied that he had no unwanted listeners, he accepted the call. "Yes?"

LT Sandpaw

Larry pulled up the list faster then Arron had expected. The hedgehog had followed the blank space in the memory that led him straight to what the hacker had been looking at. It was a bunch of names, a few of them meant something to Arron but others he had never heard of.

Memorizing the names Arron licked his lips in frustration. There were so many, he could put a connection between them.

"Its a large grouping, whoever are hacker is just looked at their records and left." Larry commented he looked grudgingly at Arron. "My guess is it was just some kid that got a little skilled on the computer."

Kat was forced to agree nothing had been changed or modified and the names had little in common. "I can't see any similarities, except... Look all of them are out of jail on parole or cleared of charges." She pointed out.

Arron nodded. "Okay so these creatures all have record and are free, we might be looking at the creation of a gang or something. A lot of these creatures are notorious criminals." He said with a glimmer of hope. "We'll question them and see if they have anything in common. Kat call in and get me a warrant to question a fox named K'taah, she's first on the list."

Kat nodded and they both left, leaving Larry sitting at his desk. The hedgehog sighed and powered down his computer. He knew the two officers were dealing with a dangerous criminal, and at his guess one that would appreciate being checked up on.

Kitsune

"You!" K'taah whispered harshly.

"I don't even know who you are, but now I'm afraid that you're going to get me turned in because of what you did to the police records. That was you, wasn't it? You have some explaining to do. What were you even trying to do, and how do you plan to get out of this mess now? The police are definitely on your tail, you need to get out of here!"

Søren

Eillam was peacefully sitting at a table in Starbucks. He didn't work there anymore, but he liked being there. He had his computer open, while he was editing some website. A young female mouse barista walked to him and said "Here you go E." She handed him a drink. Then she sat down at his tiny table. "Man, today has been swamped. I've barely gotten the time to take this break......" He words trailed off in his head, as he was distracted by her immense beauty. The way she tucked her hair behind her ear, the way she smiled and laughed, was so beautiful. Even the way she talked was perfect. Her words resirface in his brain. ...so that's my sink issue I have to deal with later. Anyway, I've probably bored you, and I have to go anyway. See you later?"
Eillam snapped too. "Yeah sure!"
She walked off, behind the counter and embracing the other barista, a male squirrel. Also, some heavy PDA was going down.
"Jerk" he thought to himself as the reason he didn't work there anymore stood holding Veronica in his arms.
He put his headphone back on.
Dispatch, we have high speed pursuit of a Ferrari B12, suspect possible armed robbery. said the police scanner his headphones were plugged into. He grabbed his things, happy he could see a real life police chase. Dashing through the door, he watched as the Ferrari was chased by the police cars.
He loved the excitement. He discussed to hold onto the police scanner he had acquired for future.....endeavors.

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

Fardan quickly activated the police scanner he always had with him. Indeed, he had been discovered. "Alright, let me see... I'm going to assume you won't take money to go to a safe location. You can go ahead and say whatever yu want, whether it involves me or not. It's easy enough to escape most officers... let's just hope you don't land in jail. Or, if you want, I can get a distraction and you can leave. Then again, it's Arron we're, or should I say I'm, dealing with. The choice is yours.

"Oh, and please don't take this as me abandoning you. I did offer to help you."

OOC: Sorry for lack of a better post. Couldn't think of a good way to get K'taah out of the problem.

LT Sandpaw

At that moment Kat picked up the radio dialing in and waiting for an opening. At the moment the radio was clogged with the events of a car chase.

"This is Oscar 2-2 reporting in for a warrant to question the fox K'taah, over." She said a moment later permission was given they would have the warrant now all they had to do was pick it up and find K'taah.

They made the drive to the court house where Kat went in and acquired the warrant. They stopped outside her apartment where they found a drunk landlord who told them she worked at a store called Laurens Apparel. They followed this trail to the store.

"Alright follow my lead, lets go." Arron told Kat stepping out of the patrol car. They marched resolutely into the store looking around for their suspect.

OOC: Is K'taah still there or did she leave?

BlueRose

Veroe went about her day in a normal manner. It was a very normal day. So normal that normality seemed abnormal.

OK, it wasn't normal. She and her helpers were planning a heist.

OOC: Mwahahaha.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Kitsune

OOC: Yes, she was in the  bathroom calling Fardan.

BIC:
    K'taah growled and hung up. There went the promise of fun. She heard the door to Lauren's Apparel open so she flushed the toilet to make it sound like she had been using the restroom and turned on the faucet. After a few seconds, she turned it off again, paused, then opened the door and walked out.

"Hello and welcome to Lauren's Apparel!" she said with a cheery grin, walking quickly over to the counter.

"How may I help you?" It was odd to see police officers in a clothing store, especially at this hour. They don't know anything, she assured herself, not sure how true that statement was.

OOC: Just a note; most of the world knows her as Katrina. It is only a select few that she tells her real name.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Okay Just assume they have been calling her that then.

BIC: Arron gave a winning smile and rested against the counter to show the entire thing was relaxed. He glanced around the store before shaking his head.

"No there's nothing in here I want I just have a few questions for a fox named Katrina, I'm guessing you know her." He said reading the nametag. "Well we are looking for a hacker, he or she broke into the police records as you might have seen on the news. Well all they did was look at a bunch of files including yours. We have reason to believe that you may be in danger from an old enemy perhaps?"

He watched her face before continuing.

"Anything you could give us would be extremely helpful."