News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Escape from the Saltsprayer

Started by Thomas Barkshield, May 26, 2016, 04:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

Rossda gave Darius a warning look, she wanted out just as much as the next but that didn't mean she was going to talk about it in the open with that mouse listening to every word. When the captain came into their midst her gaze changed targets, and as she watched the captain a hungry gleam seemed to come into her eyes.

"Aye Cap'in," She said with a surprising lack of spite in her tone.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Groddil

"Good, good. See mates? The riverdog gets it. She's all nice 'n' obeyin'-like. I likes it when beasts don't struggle. Makes 'em live longer, doesn't it, crew?"
The searats chuckled and murmured to each other.
"But know this, riverdog. If I ever finds out that ye crossed me, then I'll kill yer. Tie yer feet t'rocks an' throw yer inta th'water. Bah, but a sailor can't be all gloomy. Yer on the open seas wid the wind in yer sails, so be 'appy and don't think rebellious. Welcome t'the crew, riverdog."

Faiyloe

Rossda chuckled confidently. 

"Do no' yew mean, ye'll tie meh t'rocks t'row meh t'the mercy o'tha waves an' let 'em kill meh, cause ef yew kill meh, I do no' quite care what 'appens t'me after... En tha mean time, Ef yew d'no' mind, seein' as were no' slaves an all, kin yew unshackle us." She said holding up her paws to prove her point.

Thomas Barkshield

"I agree wid er, sir, lets get some work done round ere! Say sir, do you be needin a shoe polishin? Nail clippin? Per'aps a nice cool drink? Anyting at all sir, you just give the word and me an' these ere fine lads will do it straightaway fer ya! We know ow' ard it can be, doing all that liberatin an commandin an fightin an suchlike. " He gave a quick salute and waited for a reply.

Unimaginative

Darius rolled his eyes at Tom's servility, and addressed the weasel pointedly.

"If we're yer crewbeasts, cap'n, might I ask what we're doin' in these chains?" He shook his arms, rattling the chains for emphasis.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Groddil

"I'll tell yer why, 'edgepig. Yer in them chains until I knows what to do with yer. If yer rebelious, yer stay in them chains. Alright, release the Riverdog an' send 'er to the Galley. An' this mouse...I likes 'im, wasn't 'e 'ere before? Send 'im t'me cabin. I needs a new steward ever since Mizzi got crushed unner an 'ammer."
Two rats moved forwards swiftly releasing Rossda from the shackles.

Faiyloe

OOC: Tom was already part of the "crew" It was just Rossda, Darius, and Tenny who where shackled.

Groddil

OOC: Changed post. Consider it a promotion.

W0NWILL

Tenny was buffeted away from Rossda as the rats unshackled her, and tried stepping back away from them. She stared up at the pirate, "Wot 'bout me?" She tried timidly.

Groddil

"Wot 'bout you? Stupid treejumper. You'll be let out when I think you're good and ready. Now then, bushtail, what're you good at? I reckons ye'd make a good lookout. How'd ya like that?"

W0NWILL

OOC: Tenny's actually a squirrel. ;)

Yeah, I gave her a hare name(but there is a reason for that!), I don't blame ya for calling her a hare. :P

I did think about making her a hare for a while. Maybe I should have.

Groddil

OOC: Everyone's been calling her a hare. Whoops.

W0NWILL

OOC: Yeah. Maybe I shoulda made that more clear in my first post?

Though, interesting tidbit: she identifies more with hares than she does with squirrels, seeing as she was adopted by hares. So she prolly wouldn't object to being called a hare so much. :D

BIC: Tenny shrank back, still meek and rather terrified of this pirate, "I could do thet." She said quietly. It didn't sound too hard? Maybe? "Wot do I gotta do?"

Groddil

OOC: She's a bit like the opposite of Jodd the Squirrelhare.

BIC:

The weasel grinned, showing his disgusting teeth.
"Why, all ya gotta do is climb up t'the crow's nest. Then, whenever ya sees somethin', be's it land, sharks, 'r other ships, ya yells down t'the deck. Course, bein' a bushtail, tis prob'ly th' best job y'could ever wish fer. Whaddaya say, treejumper?"

Thomas Barkshield

Tom rushed off to the cabin and returned carrying the captain's good coat.
"Per'aps ye would like te throw a party? Y'know, in honour of yer glorious battle wid the landlubbers. It'd give the new arrivals a chance t'get acquainted wid de crew. Y'know, so theys can learn each other's names. "