News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Escape from the Saltsprayer

Started by Thomas Barkshield, May 26, 2016, 04:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

OOC: Yup. She's Ten the Haresquirrel.

BIC: "A'ight, I kin do thet for ya," Tenny held out her shackled paws hopefully, desperately wanting to be released from her chains, if only to still be stuck on the boat, "I'll be good wit thet."

She turned as Tom came back, a hesitant excitement rising in her chest at the mention of a party. Even if it was shadowed by death and slavery.

Unimaginative

Darius' eyes shot daggers at Tom when the Mouse returned, babbling about a party. With his eyes still fixated on Tom, he addressed the captain.

"And what of me, Weasel? I'm certain a brilliant creature as yourself will be able to find a suitable role for one such as myself." The sarcasm in his voice was hardly noticeable, though it was definitely there.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Faiyloe

Rossda rubbed her wrists where the shackles had been but she did not leave Tenny's side. The young squirrel maid was much to young to be expected to go though trauma like this. Rossda gently rested a paw on Tenny's shoulder to comfort her. While she did this here eyes where taking everything in. She evaluated their surroundings and counted the vermin crew members that she could see from here. She watched Tom run off, it was despicable the way her groveled, he had no pride. She was also trying to size up this Darius fellow. He seemed like an ok fellow but he also seemed a little thick. If he kept this up he was going to get himself into trouble, and she wasn't about to risk her skin to get him out of it.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Izza

Braski Tyrro, a field mouse, groaned and rubbed his head. The last thing he remembered was getting deeply involved in a drinking game at the Inn with a couple of burly searats. They had kept buying him drinks and he had kept drinking them. Now his entire world was swaying back and forth as though he was on the sea.

He groaned and found that the air tasted like salt. Where in the world was he? He opened his eyes, and found himself peering off the edge of a ship. He was on a ship. Having never been on the sea more than once or twice, this alone was enough to freak Braski out. The fact that his paws were manacled topped it off. He spewed the contents of his stomach onto the deck and retched.

"What th' devil have ya done to me ya bloomin lobster bellies? Someone get me out of these blasted things!"

Unimaginative

Darius looked over, startled. He had earlier mistaken the unconscious mouse for a sack, albeit a rather furry one. Now he was proven wrong, and winced in sympathy as the mouse lost last nights meal. He chuckled at Braski's insult, finding 'Lobster Bellies' to be rather humorous.

"Ach, I haven't insulted them yet, and I'm still stuck in these chains. I like your style though, mouse."

Darius looked back at the captain, preparing an insult in his mind.

"Cap'n, I hate to break this to you, but you're a lumpish, clay-brained bugbear."

Not done yet, Darius looked at Tom.

"As fer yew, you'd struggle to pour water out of a boot with the instructions on the heel."

Darius knew that antagonizing the captain and Tom probably wasn't the best of ideas, but he was enjoying the captain's growing irritation with him. Anyways, Darius was an able-bodied beast, and knew that the captain wouldn't kill him, though some lashings were to be expected at the very least.

Thomas Barkshield

"Apparently the' cappins smarter n' you, capturing ye like that. As fer you mouse, I'm glad ye finally decided to join us. We was about to throw ye overboard, seeing as ye were tipping the boat wid yer fat belly.

Groddil

The weasel laughed as Bracki threw up all over the deck, then fell silent as he started spewing forth something else; insults.
"Well, lobster bellies? I'm partial to a nice bit o' lobster meself. But ye have t'understand somethin'. I'm the' Cap'n, so I gives the orders. Not you. I thinks ye'll be cleanin' ya stomach contents up once yer freed."
The weasel's eyes widened as Darius stared speaking again.
"Is that so? Two cheekybeasts from the same load, eh? I've 'ad enougha yew, hedgepig. Show 'im what we does wit' disobedient crew. Both of 'em!"
Two searats grinned at each other, picking up whips and striding towards Darius and Bracki.
The captain turned back to the creatures let out of their chains.
"Alrighty, steward. A party sounds real fine. Yew go an' organise it. Riverdog, why don't ya go with cookie an' 'elp 'im make some vittles fer this party. BUSHTAIL! WHAT'RE YA STILL STANDIN' AROUND FER? GET UP THE RIGGIN' AND START LOOKIN' FER THINGS!"

W0NWILL

Tenny jumped, squeaking in her panic, "Yessir!" She said shrilly, scampering away. She got out of the cabin, and only slowed down once she got to the mast. Tenny stared up at the swaying pillar of wood and gulped. She wasn't that great at climbing, outside of her natural squirrel abilities(she never ever practiced), and the idea of climbing a swaying piece of wood with no real handholds made her stomach drop with fear.

Thomas Barkshield

"Wot a wunderful idea capn! I'll take the crew below decks and show em round. Best give the squirrel an opportunity to see where she'll be sleepin too." Tom took all of them below the deck of the ship and whispered quietly in their ears "hshpshshphshsshshpsh" after which they disbanded to perform the duties they had just been given.

OOC: all the whispering will be pm'd to the slaves.

Groddil

OOC: Wait, I'm confused... Weren't two of them still chained up?

Unimaginative

OOC: Also, I was under the impresison that the captain had told two other vermin to deal with Darius and Bracki.

Thomas Barkshield

OOC the idea is that Tom is saving them from that

Unimaginative

OOC: Gotcha

BIC: Darius was skeptical, preferring not to trust Tom, and still confident that he was at least somewhat accurate in his description of Tom's intelligence, but went off to grab a keg of beer, being one of the stronger creatures below decks.

Izza

Not being the brightest of creatures, Braski wasn't entirely sure how to do some of the tasks Tom had assigned. With a sigh, he resided himself to the task of keeping the crew occupied. He walked above decks, into the center of the pirates and, not entirely on purpose, fell flat on his face. The sea and drink were not treating his stomach and head kindly, and this seemed to be one of the easier methods of keeping them busy.

Faiyloe

Rossda listened carefully to every word that Tom said. She still felt like his sniveling was disgraceful, but Darius and Braski's approach was just fool hardy. In fact it was down right counter productive. However the idea of going to the kitchens appealed to her. There would be food and a knives there, and if what Tom said about the cook being sympathetic there would be information as well.

"Ah'll be en the kitchen ef yew need meh," Rossda said to Tenny before she headed off to the galley. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?