News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

first crush?

Started by mattimouse20, July 20, 2012, 08:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on December 13, 2014, 06:32:08 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on December 13, 2014, 06:27:33 AM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on December 13, 2014, 06:25:11 AM
Hm. I'm not sure how to define 'love,' how to define 'like,' or how to define 'crush.' I'm not sure what other people feel under certain cirumstances, and how they describe it, so I really can't be sure.
The way I would described it is that,, I genuinally care about the person I "like", and that I honestly feel exited (in a nervous type of way) when I am around her. I would do anything she wanted me to do, even if she wanted me to just not be around her: that's really how much I care and, definitively, love her.
Hm. I wish I could mind meld or something, then I could remember other's subjective experiences and emotions. That would make so many things so much easier.

And creepier...

Quote from: Mask on December 13, 2014, 06:33:45 AM
Does actually thinking that you like everything about your crush ship you with the latter option? Because I've thought that before.
But I just try to maintain a friendship with my crush. After all, I won't be getting married for at least ten years.

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on December 13, 2014, 06:27:33 AM
Hm. I'm not sure how to define 'love,' how to define 'like,' or how to define 'crush.' I'm not sure what other people feel under certain cirumstances, and how they describe it, so I really can't be sure.
The way I would described it is that,, I genuinally care about the person I "like", and that I honestly feel exited (in a nervous type of way) when I am around her. I would do anything she wanted me to do, even if she wanted me to just not be around her: that's really how much I care and, definitively, love her.

Yup, I feel the same way.

I try to do the same thing...
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Søren

I would say a crush is simply infatuation. "Liking" someone would be slightly more, if not the same as infatuation. Love is almost obvious: the feeling of wanting to spend every waking moment with someone for the rest of your life, and willing to end that life for someone.

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on December 13, 2014, 06:36:17 AM
I would say a crush is simply infatuation. "Liking" someone would be slightly more, if not the same as infatuation. Love is almost obvious: the feeling of wanting to spend every waking moment with someone for the rest of your life, and willing to end that life for someone.
Yes, that is love for me.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Delthion

BlueRose

Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Rusvul

Does actually thinking that you like everything about your crush ship you with the latter option? Because I've thought that before.
But I just try to maintain a friendship with my crush. After all, I won't be getting married for at least ten years.
Hmm... Are you implying that caring about someone is meaningless unless you marry them?

And no, I don't mean mind meld in a creepy way.

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

Maudie

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on December 13, 2014, 07:13:53 AM
Hmm... Are you implying that caring about someone is meaningless unless you marry them?

No. I'm saying that romantic relationships don't need to be part of my life at this point, so I don't need to try and develop them. That would be holding myself back because it is a waste of time and effort.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jetthebinturong

I think my feelings for my crush border on love, which is frustrating. I wish I could do the Kirito thing and just choose to destroy all of my emotions.

I don't actually by the way, that would make life suck
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

BlueRose

I agree with Mask.

Valdangelo
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Rusvul

Hm. Okay. That makes sense.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: BlueRose on December 13, 2014, 03:27:34 PM
I agree with Mask.

Valdangelo

Nothing will ever break my Solangelo ship but Valdangelo is pretty good
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

BlueRose

You know me, I ship Solangelo too.

Delthion

Quote from: Mask on December 13, 2014, 07:30:22 AM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on December 13, 2014, 07:13:53 AM

No. I'm saying that romantic relationships don't need to be part of my life at this point, so I don't need to try and develop them. That would be holding myself back because it is a waste of time and effort.

Agreed...