News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Profile Picture Above Me

Started by Tiria Wildlough, October 07, 2011, 07:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

I love those commercials.  :)

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on March 10, 2015, 04:15:43 AM
I think Romans are WAY better then the sissy Greeks.

Come here and say that to this phalanx of Elite Macedonian phalangites!  >:( ( ;D)
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Rainshadow

*Pitiful imitation of an elephant's trumpet sound*

*Brandishes Celestial Bronze katana at Ren-chan's throat*  Say that again, I DARE you.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

LT Sandpaw

Fly away!

Quote from: Rainshadow on March 10, 2015, 06:24:07 PM

*Brandishes Celestial Bronze katana at Ren-chan's throat*  Say that again, I DARE you.
Um Rain the Greeks didn't have Kattana's and yes Rome was far more powerful  and just much better then Greece.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Rainshadow

Romans.

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on March 10, 2015, 06:38:50 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on March 10, 2015, 06:24:07 PM

Um Rain the Greeks didn't have Kattana's and yes Rome was far more powerful  and just much better then Greece.

Yes, yes, I know both of those facts quite well, I just had to defend Greece because of Percy Jackson.  (And Celestial Bronze katana because katanas are awesome.  I don't care if the katana is Japanese, it's still awesome.)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

More like the wind walker, Egbert

And sure the Romans were more powerful but how does that make them better? The Greeks were great sophisticates with the best of the early inventors (let's discount Sparta for now), the Romans were savages who got their entertainment from watching people fight to the death (or criminals getting executed in plays or animals). The Romans killed Archimedes because he refused to pay attention to them, that's inexcusable. Romans were horrible people. Sure the Greeks weren't great but they were better than those barbarians the Romans.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

James Gryphon

I think it throws me off how most of the picture is black and white, but some parts are colored in.

You can't group everyone in a nation together that way. And Archimedes wasn't killed by "the Romans", he was killed by one soldier, acting against explicit orders to take him alive.
« Subject to editing »

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Rainshadow

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm up for smashing some keyboards.

Leatho Shellhound

Think lovely wonderful thoughts and fly away (with a little fairy dust too).
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Mhera

There are three heads in that picture ;)

Banya

Hey! Cute! It's a fellow otter! She looks wonderfully inquisitive.

Lily

Another fellow otter! I just had to jump in and continue the otter streak.

Mhera

LT Sandpaw

COMBO BREAKER!

Nice otter pic, it appears he wants something.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Rainshadow

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.  *Throws random people into the Colosseum and makes them duke it out*