The Profile Picture Above Me

Started by Tiria Wildlough, October 07, 2011, 07:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

No clue who rhat is, either. Looks like someone Rain had as a profile pic a while ago, though.

And thank you! You've no idea how hard a time I had getting this on here. *Frowns*

Rainshadow

'Tis a flag.

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on July 12, 2015, 04:17:44 PM
Reminds me of Adventure Time. *Frowns* By the way, what's the name of the show?

Steven Universe;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Cornflower MM

What's on her forehead?

And, aye, it's a f;lag. Burt note the differences between this flag and the more common one. ;) Blue stars on a white field, and the stripes are vertical. It's the peace flag - the one merchant ships used to fly and and the one shops used to fly. The flag you see more often is the US military flag.

Rainshadow

No matter if it's a peace flag or not, it makes me uncomfortable just looking at it.  After seeing the American flag all my life, seeing something that looks so backwards is really weird.  :P

Pearl has a pearl on her forehead.  It can be used to summon her weapon, create a holographic copy of herself to spar with, show images, and several other things that I can't think of at the moment.

All the gems have a gem on some part of their body.  Pearl's is on her forehead, Amethyst's is near her collarbone, Garnet has one on each hand (on the palms of her hands), and Steven's is located where his bellybutton should be.  It's basically the source of each gem's power, and is also what keeps them alive.  If their body is mortally wounded, they retreat into their gem to heal, but if the gem is shattered, they die.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Skarzs

She should really get a helmet if it's that vital.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

Is you trollin' teh forums, Trollzsy?  ;D

Quote from: The Skarzs on July 16, 2015, 03:41:37 AM

That... is a good point.

Cornflower MM

I like pearls. They're pretty.

The Skarzs

Very odd, I'll admit.

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 16, 2015, 04:34:03 AM
Quote from: The Skarzs on July 16, 2015, 03:41:37 AM

That... is a good point.
Indeed.
Troll logic: Solid as a rock.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

A troll in armour? What is the world coming to? (Kidding, Skar dear.)

And it's not odd. People just aren't taught about it. *Sarcastic voice* I wonder why.

Mhera

I'm pretty sure it's a myth, actually...

Cornflower MM

Happy otter!

*Frowns* No, it is not. People just aren't taught about the civil peace flag - Or the reason the flags in court houses have gold braid on them!

rrrrr

rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Cornflower MM

Angry ottewr, hmm?

*throws hands in the air* Oh, why do I bother trying to help you people anymore? I should know by now it's not going to work. *Walks off muttering to self and reaching for a tissue*

Mhera

I didn't mean to upset you; it's just that flag doesn't comply with the Flag Act, which has said since 1777 that the stars must be white on a blue field and makes no distinctions between a civil flag or military flag, either then or in any of its revisions.

Also, I looked up the gold fringe, and it appears that it's solely for decoration (page 10).

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.