News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Triangular Trivia

Started by James Gryphon, November 01, 2015, 12:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

@Sage: I'm sorry, that's incorrect.

Kyle Katarn is known for carrying a blue lightsaber, but at that point in time he didn't have his own lightsaber; instead he was wielding Yun's, which was C: Yellow.

@Plugg: All right.

I mentioned on the forum at one point that I had previously attempted to follow part of Jewish dietary law. That was the diet that I'm referring to.

@Vilu: I'm sorry. That's not the correct answer. The right answer was A: Arizona.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

I've never played the Dark Forces games, only Jedi Knight II: The Outcast and Jedi Academy.

Next question?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Vilu Daskar

I really need to remember to use my lifelines. I guess I'll start over.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

James Gryphon

@Sage: Starting over at question 1, for 1 point...

Which of these fruits is slightly radioactive?
A: Apple
B: Banana
C: Cantaloupe
D: Kumquat

@Vilu: Question #1, 1 point.
Which of these famous Civil War generals came in second at their class at West Point?
A: Ulysses S. Grant
B: James Longstreet
C: William T. Sherman
D: Robert E. Lee
« Subject to editing »

Vilu Daskar

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

James Gryphon

Correct. Second question, for 3 points.

Which of these was not the name of a children's book?
A: Sam the Minuteman
B: Nate the Great
C: Henry Huggins
D: Ralph T. Mouse
« Subject to editing »

Vilu Daskar

I almost said A but then I remembered it's Ralph D. Mouse so, D: Ralph T. Mouse

James Gryphon

You're incorrect; it isn't Ralph D. Mouse.

But, D: Ralph T. Mouse is the right answer. The rightful name of the book, incidentally, is "Ralph S. Mouse".

Third question, for 6 points; have a look.

Which of these badger rulers of Salamandastron was first depicted in the series (in publication order) carrying a battle axe?
A: Lord Brocktree
B: Boar the Fighter
C: Rawnblade Widestripe
D: Urthstripe the Strong
« Subject to editing »

Vilu Daskar

James Gryphon

I'm sorry, that's incorrect.

The correct answer was A: Lord Brocktree, when he appeared in a vision to Sunflash the Mace in Outcast of Redwall.
« Subject to editing »

Vilu Daskar

Are you actually sorry? Next question.

James Gryphon

I already had a harder question picked out, and now I have to come up with an easier one to give for a first question.

Which of these characters did Swartt Sixclaw attempt to poison?
A: Zigu
B: Wraith
C: Balefur
D: Veil Sixclaw
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

This game is definitely interesting, but it's not catered to my personal taste. I will step out and let another take my spot :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Kitsune

I'm going to say B: Macrobiotic.

James Gryphon

That's a great answer.

Unfortunately, it isn't the correct answer. I admit that I have thought about that before in the past, but I don't remember whether I ever did it. Here's the post where I talked about my diet:
Quote from: James Gryphon on May 09, 2015, 09:11:44 AM
QuoteMeat or fruit?
Fruit. I've eaten a kosher (which, given our family's shopping habits, was essentially no meat) diet before, and I could do it again. While meat is nice to have, it isn't something I couldn't live without. Fruit is a lot easier to prepare (a huge plus for me, as a naturally lazy person), and there are a lot more varieties and flavours of it than meat.

So, the right answer would be D: Ovo-lacto vegetarian diet. I'm sorry; you had a great run going.

By the way, I'm thinking it'd be a good idea to adjust the high score rules so that people don't lose out after missing a question. I figure that I'll go through the last few posts soon, and work out exactly what the top scores for everyone would be, using this system. Stay tuned.
« Subject to editing »