News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Ice Age

Started by Ungatt Trunn, July 15, 2013, 07:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Ice Age movie do you think is the best?

Ice Age 1
Ice Age 2
Ice Age 3
Ice Age 4

MeadowR

Quote from: rachel25 on July 16, 2013, 02:54:38 PM
Quote from: MeadowRabbit on July 16, 2013, 10:49:53 AM
Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on July 16, 2013, 08:45:08 AM
That often happens. They're so greedily chasing more money that they just keep making them, even though they have run out of sensible ideas. The American TV / movie industry is especially bad at this - they'll keep making something until everyone is thoroughly sick of it, then the managment will claim the franchise is "tired" and needs a rest or, worse, a silly "reboot".  :(

Indeed! Argh, those stupid reboots. They also annoy for the fact that if you liked the original, there being a new film kind of overshadows it so when the film is referred to thereafter the modern version is considered more. :/ (Haven't explained that very well!)

Unfortunately producers, companies, etc. just aren't so willing to 'break the mould' these days. So much misgiving to part with money in case of great losses, blah blah.

With a bit of an animation background, it erks me particularly about animated films. They all have those stupid, samey gags, pop references and that 'typical teenager' character - stoppit! There are a few goodies in the Hollywood market, but so many misses.
WHA?

What are you WHA?-ing about? :)

Also I'm interested as to what members don't like about the fourth? I saw it only recently and thought it was okay. I liked the design of the female sabre.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Redwaller

The characters were great! But then if you looked at the plot, it didn't go like the others, there was barely any family thing, and they had to bring in the whole "Teen" thing in.

rachel25

I liked it  ;D
Oh and WHA? Heeeeeheh

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Redwaller on July 17, 2013, 01:51:19 PM
The characters were great! But then if you looked at the plot, it didn't go like the others, there was barely any family thing, and they had to bring in the whole "Teen" thing in.
Oh Yeah, I didn't like the teen thing either but I love the pirates and "GRANNY"!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Redwaller

Granny was awesome!

rachel25

Granny should get a medal  :)

Tam and Martin

She was so funny!

Redwaller

Quote from: rachel25 on July 17, 2013, 06:47:52 PM
Granny should get a medal  :)
"Metal? What would I want to do with metal?"  ;D

Gnoflet

I like the third best  but it is the only one I'v bothered to sit trough because my cousin said to. I think it's dumb and pointless and my cousin who thinks is cool fell asleep.
Shut him up or shut him down.
Normal is just a setting on your dryer.

Maudie

Quote from: Gnoflet on July 24, 2013, 10:45:30 PM
I like the third best  but it is the only one I'v bothered to sit trough because my cousin said to. I think it's dumb and pointless and my cousin who thinks is cool fell asleep.

I agree with you, it is pretty stupid, and pointless. My dad hates it.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Dinnae ken aboot ze fourz, but ze vone viz ze Dinozaurz an' ze Weasel vaz great! (Zat vaz ze zird vone, nay?)
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Redwaller

Tam and Martin

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 24, 2013, 11:16:02 PM
Dinnae ken aboot ze fourz, but ze vone viz ze Dinozaurz an' ze Weasel vaz great! (Zat vaz ze zird vone, nay?)
That one was my favorite!

Buzz_Bumble

Lutra

The only Ice Age movie I have is the fourth one. One, Granny stole the show, and I can see a lot of grannies acting like that.  Two, because I have it on blu-ray I use it as a reference test.  The ADHD rabbit is funny too.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra