News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Stuck in the Subconscious

Started by 321tumbler, February 22, 2013, 06:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

321tumbler

I don't know if this will go in the Orchard, but if there is a better place I don't mind.

Stuck in the Subconscious

Sifiad was a secret government organization started by the M.J.S.(Merlin Jerry Sighner) unit. It was made to do futuristic type of mechanics and engineering as well as space traveling devices. Professor Malory Jane Sefylsir was the top scientist for research on traveling into the subconscious. Her team had just made a breakthrough that could be the results of ten years of research. The professor stepped into the lab that contained a glass sphere that could fit ten people. Next to the globe stood the four scientist who had helped Professor Sefylsir create it. It had been decided that the professor herself would be the first to try the "Room of Subconsciousness" as they named it. The youngest scientist wished Sefylsir luck as she stepped into the machine and sat down in the big squishy chair. The door closed and she put the suction cups on her hands and head; reaching forward she pushed the eerily glowing green button on the floor and lights started flashing all around her.

Suddenly she fell on to concrete floor and saw that she was in a jail with a tough looking man laughing at her, "Ha! Now I've got you. No more trying to destroy your leader now!" As Professor Sefylsir gathered herself together and remembered that this was probably a dream. She asked the man,
"What do you have against me?"
"Against you! You're the one who is leading the rebellion!"
"What rebellion? May I ask."
What rebellion! The rebellion against Rothgard MDCCCLXXXVIII."
"Hmmm. I see. "
The man left down a long corridor filled with scale models of bugs and animals that steadily blinked their beady eyes. 

She thought to herself, "Is this really what's in my subconscious?  It's very dark and scary, almost an alternate dimension."
"It might seem like an alternate dimension, but you are in your subconscious." Said a voice from the corner of the cell. Professor Sefylsir turned her head toward the voice and saw an old man who looked about 75, "Who are you and what are you doing here?" she asked. "I'm Merlin Sighner and I'm here the same reason as you... I'm in my subconscious."
"Merlin Sighner! Everyone thought you died forty years ago!"
"That's what the government said because they thought I had died when I connected myself to the subconscious TV." The professor thought to herself, "What's the subconscious TV?"
"It's probably like the way you came here except right now my brain is connected to an old TV."
"If we're both in our own subconscious then why can we talk to eachother?"
"When I first entered my subconscious I read a book that said that everyone is really connected through their subconscious."
"Well how did you know what I was thinking?"
"In this world I can read minds."
Just as Merlin and Malory finished their disscusion, the jail started falling apart. "WHAT'S HAPPENING!" Professor Sefylsir yelled. Mr. Sighner barely heard heard over the noise , but answered, "I think we're switching dreams!"

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

321tumbler

This almost all of the rest. I'll have it all up tomorrow.

The professor landed in a dense jungle by a large river while Mr. Sighner landed at the edge of the jungle where the river flowed into a lake. Mr. Sighner called, "Professor Sefylsir, Professor Sefylsir." The professor faintly heard the cry and was about to call back when she saw her mother dressed in wild clothes with an ocelot next to her. "Howooawooawoogaramalakaramadama." Her mother yelled. Suddenly snakes, leopards, jaguars, ocelots surrounded her, and all getting ready to attack. The professor tried to talk to her mom, but she didn't understand her. "I guess she is asleep and so she is in this dream." She thought. Professor Sefylsir had been a gymnast and swimmer when she was younger and was still pretty fit. She saw and opening between two small ocelots so she dive rolled were they were then jumped into the river and swam downstream.

The professor luckily didn't bump into any alligators and saw Marcus Sighner sitting on the ground. When he looked up and saw professor he said,
"Oh! What happened!"
"I was almost attacked by a wild version of my mom and her animal friends,"
"Oh no, but I have good news!"
"What?"
"I've found the way to get out of here!"
"Really! Where!"
"Follow me."
He went to a cave entrance and pulled back some vines covering the entrance that revealed Marcus Sighner and Professor Sefylsir hooked up to a glowing rock. They were about to unhook them form the rock when there was an earthquake. "We're switching dreams again." Marcus yelled. The professor yelled back," We need to get ourselves unhooked, but  the suction cups are on tight. Only one of us will escape."
"You should. You still have a life and I will wake up underground anyways."
"NO! You have to come!"
"Don't argue. It's for the best. Now start puling. If we don't neither of us will escape. "
The professor stopped talking and help Mr. Sighner pull of the suction cups. When the last suction cup was pulled the rock started cracking down the middle. "Bye!" Professor Sefylsir yelled. She wiped away a tear, "Maybe I'll see you again one day."
"I hope so." He yelled back. The professor was pulled toward the rack and disappeared into the crack.

Lily

The Cellars is a better place for non-Redwall fiction, I'll move this topic there. Keep writing. :)

321tumbler

Here's the end of the story:

She saw lights flashing and wind swirled around her. Then she heard voice calling, "Professor! Professor! Oh No! Maybe she's dead!" She looked up and saw the lab and her coworkers peering through the glass. The professor got up, but almost fell back down from dizziness. "Oh good! She's alive!" said the young scientist. They opened the door of the sphere and helped her out and while doing they poured questions on her, "What happened?" "Did you really go into the subconciouss?" "How was it?" The professor said, "I'll answer your questions later, but you have to destroy that machine!" She said it with so much force that the other scientists didn't question her. Using hammers they smashed the sphere and clipped all the wires until there was a pile of glass and wires on the ground. "Thank you." Professor Sefylsir said, "Now I'll tell you. Merlin Sighner is in there and he's not dead. Everyone is connected in there subconscious. If you go in there you are stuck unless you find yourself (which is connected to something) and disconnect it before switching dreams." The scientists were shocked and helped her to the presidents office where she told the president what happened. They kept the whole thing secret and nobody ever knew... until now.

Jukka the Sling

I liked this! How did you come up with it?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Skyblade

I like it too :) this is a good story idea

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.