News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Calzone of Your Doom!

Started by Søren, October 09, 2015, 03:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilu Daskar

The only reason I've heard of them is because we go to central Texas to visit family and this one gas station we usually stop at sells them.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Lady Ashenwyte

Alright, I'll have one calzone with 100 different types of cheese and a glass of dumpster juice.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Søren

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on October 10, 2015, 02:36:17 AM
Alright, I'll have one calzone with 100 different types of cheese and a glass of dumpster juice.
Succulent.

I'm retired from the forum

Lady Ashenwyte

*Cuts calzone with cheri knife and fork*  Om nom nom nom *Sips dumpster juice* Who's the winner now, eh?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

The Skarzs

Quote from: Cornflower MM on October 10, 2015, 01:05:07 AM
Quote from: The Skarzs on October 09, 2015, 11:55:58 PM
Never heard of fried pie. :P

You-You never heard of fried pies?! That's terrible! You're missing out on SO MUCH.
Well, it's not that uncommon not to know. :P Besides, we're not so much into frying things over here.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Izeroth

You-You never heard of fried pies?! That's terrible! You're missing out on SO MUCH.

I'll never understand why Southerners insist on frying everything.

The Skarzs

It's not necessarily a Southern thing; the midwest is kinda big on that too.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: The Skarzs on October 12, 2015, 04:08:08 AM

Why? Just seems unhealthy and wasteful.

The Skarzs

Don't ask me, I'm not from there. :P Personally deep-fried stuff is low on my list of favorite things. More of once in a while foods like fair fare (see what I did there? ;D), and. . . very few other deep fried things. :P Some are very good, just very greasy.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on October 12, 2015, 05:12:53 AM
Quote from: The Skarzs on October 12, 2015, 04:08:08 AM

Why? Just seems unhealthy and wasteful.
Don't knock it till you've tried it. ;D It's good, fried chicken is mind blowing (as in legs and thighs and such); fried okra is good; fried chicken livers are good (don't knock it till you try it); fried frog legs are more chicken-y then I expected, so average I guess; fried ice cream is awesome; fried macaroni and cheese might make you a bit sick, but can be worth it; FRENCH FRIES ARE THE BEST ESPECIALLY WHEN WITH RANCH OR CHILLI AND CHEESE; fried onion rings are alright;
fried steak isn't my favorite, but it's alright; fried catfish is good when done correctly, IMHO; fried shrimp is ok; fried calamari isn't southern American but deserves to be on the awesome list; fried pickle chips are GOOD man.. I think mostly it's eaten because lots of it is traditional, "soul food" (glorious, includes most of what I said plus other non-fried things) and very rich.

I'm retired from the forum

SilentSam

;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: Izeroth on October 12, 2015, 03:43:38 AM

I'll never understand why Southerners insist on frying everything.
Because fried food is good.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.