Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Hickory

Somebody make a deciding vote already.

Hickory

You signal to Jan that you want to get past the stormtroopers. Slightly apprehensive, Jan none the less nods and signals for you to attack first. You raise your blaster rifle, but he taps your arm and points to one of the grenades you picked up.

Attack the stormtroopers with your blaster rifle.
Attack the stormtroopers with your grenade.

Hickory

It'll be easier to take them down if they aren't already killed by the grenade, you decide. Pulling out one of the MerrSonn Thermal Detonators, you push the trigger and roll it towards the troopers.

"Grenade!" one yells as the shiny sphere stops dead center of the group. The explosion sends a heatwave across you, and the noise nearly deafens you, but the stormtroopers are down. You walk over to inspect the kill. One scrabbles feebly, half his helmet blown off. "Mercy..." he whimpers.

Ignore the trooper and check the bodies.
Interrogate the trooper.
Kill the trooper.

James Gryphon

Ask him some questions, I guess. Don't do anything stupid, though, like threatening him, torturing him or shooting him afterwards.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

"Who's in the bridge?" you ask. Best to know what's ahead.

"Your death," laughs the trooper raggedly. "Just leave now... you'll lose anyway."

You and Jan glance at each other. "We have to go now," says the officer with a sense of urgency. You cast a wistful look at the stormtrooper armor and blaster rifles, but Jan is already off towards the bridge.

"Door's locked. We'll have to do something... you have some slices, you can hack the console, or we can shoot the door down."

Slice the console.
Blast the door down.

James Gryphon

Go with the slice; the possible element of surprise is worth it.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

A few keystrokes later, the door begins to open.

You lost 1 slice.

The bridge is a wreck, with rebel bodies scattered about and white stormtroopers standing amongst the controls. A robed figure stands at the helm, observing the battle outside - you can't make out the details, because a black haze clouds the figure. The five stormtroopers present do not notice your prescience, and the figure doesn't seem to either.

Attack the stormtroopers.
Attack the figure.

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Hickory

This is an advantage you won't have again. Overpowering your rifle, you send a blast at the figure. To your surprise, it is absorbed by the haze and spat out into the wall. The figure draws a glowing sword, and and stormtroopers lower their guns in respect. Your gut grows apprehensive as the figure advances. For the first time, you notice Jan has a sheath on his belt. He draws a different sword from within - a vibrosword. The officer drops his belt pouches and kicks them toward you. "Keep this safe!"

You got - Belt pouches.

An invisible force punches you out the doorway and Jan falls out before the door slams closed - "Get to the pods, warn the others!"

The ship rumbles as you stagger upright. A sign points you down a cramped tunnel, "Escape Pods this way!" A blinking red light lights the dark tunnel. After you walk/run down the tunnel, you find the other side to be full of evacuating Rebel soldiers. Escape pods blast away in rapid fire patterns, and only a few are left. You're pushed into one and fall into a seat. The door closes and you barely have time to fasten the belt before the pod is propelled into space. The fiery blasts of combat surround you - a losing battle with the Empire.

"TIE fighter on our tail!" shouts a passenger. Nearby you is a control panel, with several functions.

Deploy countermeasures.
Activate the automated turret.
Activate distress beacon.

James Gryphon

What exactly are these 'countermeasures'?
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

Jamming to prevent lock-on.

James Gryphon

As an experienced TIE pilot myself, while that'd be annoying, I don't think it'd stop me from getting a kill if the pod's right in front of me.

I don't think the distress beacon is likely to help; the Rebels already know they're in trouble and aren't going to be able to do anything about it.

I guess go with the autoturret. If the TIE's not expecting the escape pod to shoot and he's flying close, maybe it'll damage him enough to get him to take evasive action and abort the chase.

Of course, it depends on the TIE. If it's a stock Fighter or Interceptor, this could work, but if you're using Legends material and it's an Advanced/Avenger or something, shooting won't help.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

It doesn't take long to activate the turret. The tiny blasts are meant for defense in the ground, but the light TIE fighter is distracted enough to be destroyed by an X-Wing's torpedo. Now that the immediate threat is over, you need to find a safe place to land, or at least get out of the battle. Thankfully, the control panel also has rudimentary pilot controls.

Pilot the pod towards the planet surface.
Pilot the pod towards a Rebellion ship.

Groddil