News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Star Wars CYOA/RP

Started by Hickory, October 17, 2016, 03:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

I'd take a gamble and go for the ship. I'm not sure how viable this is, since the Rebels are losing, but if you go to the planet, the Imps'll just track your pod and hunt you down on the surface, anyway.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

You spot a Nebulon B class frigate nearby in fairly good condition. Working the controls, the pod's steering thrusters turn it towards the ship. You press a button to activate the IFF tag, and in a trice the radio is cracklung wit the voices of rebellion soldiers. "Attention escape pod, enter one of the forward hangars."

Swinging the pod to the left, the glowing shields of the forward hangars provide a sense of safety. The pod passes through the shield and falls to the ground upon entering the gravitated atmosphere. Another passenger pulls the lever to release the door, and it falls away, revealing a Rebel soldier. "Good to see you alive," he grinned and helped them out.

You smile too, sure that you just escaped the death trap of space. Jan is forgotten in your mind as you walk towards the hangar exit.

Boom!

Something's crashed into the ship. Crashed.... or docked. A pointed nose of a ship is sticking through one of the side walls of the hangar - it must've crashed through the side of the blast field and driven itself diagonally into the hangar. The point splits into four sections and blossoms outward, revealing a squad of black armored shadowtroopers. Your gut senses the prescence of the figure as well. The rebel soldiers start to fire into the gap, but the shadowtrooper's superior armor is helping them spread out into the hangar.

Help the Rebels fend off the boarders.
Run away into the other parts of the ship.

Your inventory

Light Armor. (4 damage resistance)
Blaster Rifle. (deals 10 damage)
1 fragmentation grenade
3 medkits. (Heals health instantly)
2 stims. (Minor health increase, temporary damage resistance)
Poison kit. (Purges poisons)
4 slices. (Allows you to hack into computers)
5 motherboards. (You can repair damaged machines with this)
Belt pouches (Holds important information)
[close]
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Hickory

Deciding that it'll be easier to take on these troopers with back up, you fire into the ranks of troopers. A few fall, and you congratulate yourself as the Rebels lower their weapons. However, the figure's prescience hasn't left your gut, so you stay on guard. "Better go investigate the craft," says one of the Rebels. "Make sure there aren't any stragglers.

Volunteer to check the craft.
Let someone else go.

Your inventory

Light Armor. (4 damage resistance)
Blaster Rifle. (deals 10 damage)
1 fragmentation grenade
3 medkits. (Heals health instantly)
2 stims. (Minor health increase, temporary damage resistance)
Poison kit. (Purges poisons)
4 slices. (Allows you to hack into computers)
5 motherboards. (You can repair damaged machines with this)
Belt pouches (Holds important information)
[close]

Lady Ashenwyte

What? It says I voted for the first option but I didn't.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

Forgot to reset it. Try again.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aboot vot toime period iz ziz exactly takin' place around?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Hickory

During the Rebellion's fight against the empire - before A New Hope.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah, Major. Ziz villnae be Ze Force Avakenz rubbizh vill it?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Hickory

Nope. Pure Empire vs. Rebellion, plain and simple.

Hickory

"I can go check it out," you say. The Rebels nod and cover you as you advance towards the open boarding craft. Your boots clank against the metal as you step inside. It's dark, with racks of heavy blaster rifles. You look at one of them, and back to yours. The Imperial ones fire large blasts of energy but have a slower rate of fire and bad aim. It would be nice for taking out enemies quickly, but not large groups. You could take one of the heavy blasters, but you'd have to give up your own blaster rifle.

Continue on without exchanging the rifles.
Exchange the rifles.

James Gryphon

You can pick up your own when you come back, if you want it.
« Subject to editing »

Wylder Treejumper

Power doesn't compensate for bad aim; I prefer to be able to hit something with a bolt less deadly over missing with a more forceful one.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

James Gryphon

Maybe, but if it's a landing craft inside a Nebulon-B, I'm thinking that you're going to be fighting in fairly close quarters. The aim shouldn't be so bad as to cause you to miss at short or medium range.
« Subject to editing »

Wylder Treejumper

Storm trooper weapons, James. Think about that... ;D
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

James Gryphon

Stormtroopers are underrated.
« Subject to editing »