News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

What job do you really want?

Started by The Shadow of Korriban, March 05, 2019, 07:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadaz, voice of the host

I would love to be a semiprofessional goalkeeper, but slightly more realistically I have always had an interest in becoming a literary agent or a physical security tester/consultant. A job as a FSO would be enjoyable as well.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Ouroboros

Quote from: The Skarzs on March 07, 2019, 12:56:02 AM
*snip*

I'd have to agree. I wanted to be a doctor for several years until I actually began to fully comprehend the workload. Not that my current degree is a breeze (It isn't.), mind you, but it's the best option in terms of both finance and an actual enjoyable career.

The Witessss

interesting.. I have several doctors in the family my self but my grandpa, he sleeps about 4 hours every night, being called out on donors at random times, crazy. they want me to be a surgeon, too but I really don't find it a great thrill to help people that way, I mean, I know someone has to do it, but. . . .
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Nadaz, voice of the host

I was in a class at the high school I take some classes at and there was an assignment to research and write about what career we would want to have as stuff like job openings, salary, and dangers for the job. When the assignment PowerPoints were shown in class all but four of the eighteen students wanted to go into medical careers.

Cornflower MM

The Witessss

Nadaz, voice of the host

Absolutely,yes, I did a PowerPoint for a FSO

The Witessss

Nadaz, voice of the host

Sorry it's a foreign service officer also known as a diplomat.

The Witessss

okay, now you're speaking English!

Nadaz, voice of the host

Not if I get a job as a FSO I won't be!

The Witessss

do you speak any other languages besides English as of now?

Nadaz, voice of the host

I'm ok at Spanish since I've taken it since first grade and my family fostered three kids from Columbia, and I am learning Esperanto (yes I know cause I'll use that a lot) I will soon start learning Irish Gaelic as well. Also studdied Bahasa Indonesian for a few months last year.

The Witessss

that sounds good! (I wish my dad would just teach me Spanish. com on. it's his first language. it would cost me nothing, nor him a cent! please, dad?)

The Skarzs

Quote from: Cornflower MM on March 07, 2019, 01:04:39 AM
It is always best to have a back up plan, but if you really want something - You need to fight for it and figure it out. Money doesn't necessarily buy happiness, but neither does starvation. Still, if you're too focused on money, are you really going to be happy? I think not. I know several people who are so focused on MORE MONEY that they're never satisfied with anything.

So, yeah. Fight for your dream, work towards it, but also have a plan B. Just saying even money doesn't matter if you hate your job.
That's one way to look at it. But I see it this way: Do what works.
The way it seems to me is that people who need money they don't have are forever thinking about and stressing over it. People who have money they don't need are able to turn their minds AWAY from trying to earn a buck and toward things that matter more to them. For myself, it would be much easier mentally for me to do the things I love when I won't have to worry about where my next meal is coming from.
No one thinks about oxygen at every waking moment, yet it is vital for life. But that that away, be stuck underwater, then the only thought in their mind is their next breath. Money can be looked at in a similar way. At least, for me.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.