Started by Izeroth, February 03, 2015, 04:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Is that caused by the sand color?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

Quote from: Mhera on February 10, 2015, 01:37:16 AM
Looked it up again and ya'll are right :P. Those are mineral deposits and not ice.

They're not sure why it is pink; possible explanations are bacteria or algae, or maybe a reaction caused by calcium and a bacteria. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Mhera

Eulaliaaa!

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eulaliaaa!

That's beautiful, where is that, by the way?
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Izeroth

Mt. Rainier is in Washington.

Also in Washington...

It's a banana slug in the Hoh rainforest.

Eulaliaaa!

Why is it called a banana slug? It doesn't look like a banana...

The Mask

Quote from: Mhera on February 10, 2015, 01:37:16 AM
Looked it up again and ya'll are right :P. Those are mineral deposits and not ice.

Lake Hillier, Australia

I've flown over that place!
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Wot, wot!

"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Eulaliaaa!

How'd you like to go swimming in that lake?  :D

Rusvul

According to Wikipedia, the pink has no adverse effects on humans.

The Skarzs

. . . But they probably don't want it being disturbed or changed by foreign contaminates.

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on February 10, 2015, 04:20:06 AM
Why is it called a banana slug? It doesn't look like a banana...
It's the color, I believe. The resemblance ends there.
Interesting thing to know about banana slugs: if you get stung by stinging nettles, rub the slime of the banana slug on it and it helps. That or you can use the spore side of a sword fern.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Mhera

Quote from: The Mask on February 10, 2015, 05:48:03 AM
I've flown over that place!
Cool, is it really that pink?

Hamilton Pool Preserve, Texas

Jukka the Sling

Frying Pan Lake, New Zealand. I haven't been there myself, but Amber has. (I just found this pic on Wikipedia.)

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien