News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Lettuche gathering place

Started by Ally046, April 21, 2021, 02:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally046

*Transports the entirety of the Lettuce cult gang to a hidden cave*

*Enchants the cave so that only true members of the lettuce cult gang can enter*

(If anyone accept for a lettuce gang member attempts to enter the hidden cave, they will find themselves walking out the door instead)

(Same goes for un-true lettuce gang cult gang members)
Cobb, Ember, Nutmeg, Pingvin, Diann, Celest, Cinnabon, Coco

Scott McLamok

*Sad cold Scott noises*
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

lass of something much

*Looks out a window at Scott. The Lassie part thinks about poofing him in*
I only wish you could be happy too.....
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Scott McLamok

"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Flib Bigboat

Quote from: Masika on April 22, 2021, 01:05:03 AM
*Releases a herd of deer*

Come and join the salad buffet!

Anyone thinking of hurting them, remember poor Bambi (novel or movie, take your pick)

You're welcome Verdauga.
...Well, this escalated quickly...
*hasn't read or watched Bambi* Is it good?
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Ally046

Flib Bigboat

Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Rillbrook the Wanderer

:o Bambi was my favorite movie when I was little

Mara the Wolf

Quote from: Flib Bigboat on April 22, 2021, 01:46:56 PM
Quote from: Masika on April 22, 2021, 01:05:03 AM
*Releases a herd of deer*

Come and join the salad buffet!

Anyone thinking of hurting them, remember poor Bambi (novel or movie, take your pick)

You're welcome Verdauga.
...Well, this escalated quickly...
*hasn't read or watched Bambi* Is it good?

The Disney movie is an all-time classic, and while most people would say it's good or great, it's one of those films that people don't want to watch due to it traumatizing them as a child (I won't say why, because, spoiler) and having some scary moments (it also demonized sport hunters, especially deer hunters, in the public's eyes and is so biologically inaccurate concerning deer (especially in contrast to book) in order to make a certain traumatic moment even sadder, and it instilled a lot of misconceptions about deer child-rearing in the public eye). It has a direct-to-DVD interquel, Bambi II, which is considered pretty good (by DTV sequel standards, at least) which is also definitely popular and less traumatic.

The novel is xenofiction about deer (specifically roe deer), a species that is regularly hunted by humans, so it's fairly horrific (it's rather gory at points, and if you think Man is demonized in the movie, it's got nothing on the book) and is definitely not for kids. Its sequel, Bambi's Children, tones things down a little, but... *shrugs* Disney also adapted Bambi's Children into a comic book.

If you like, I can link you to a video on Bambi and the book it's based upon.
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

Flib Bigboat

...Thank you for saving me from looking it up, then. It sounds awful.
Long live the RRR!

Ally046

::)

*Sigh* "Sika! Youve made it sound much different than it actually is..."

Mara the Wolf

Actually, no I summed it up the way many critics, like Unshaved Mouse & Doug Walker, would, without spoiling anything and keeping the language clean. And I was fairly accurate with the book, too.
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

Flib Bigboat

I'll just remember next time to keep my comments to myself so we don't all get into a complicated argument.
Long live the RRR!

Rillbrook the Wanderer

*Baba yaga is imported from the other thread and attacks anyone that's not lettuce*

Flib Bigboat

Long live the RRR!