News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Dude, I came back to this forum and. . .

Started by MatthiasMan, May 17, 2023, 12:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatthiasMan

I'm old, folks. 

OLD.

I created this account when I was 12 years old.

Now, I'm 23, a software engineer, and I do adult things.  You'd think renting my own place, paying bills, going to work, all that expected stuff would make me realize "Hey, I'm not a kid anymore."  But it wasn't until I remembered this forum and somehow logged with my old username and password that I realized, "Omg.  I'm not a kid reading Redwall anymore."

Anyway, ask me anything! 

Verdauga

Why didn't you put this in a members-only board Hey man how you been? Software Engineering, huh? In what applications do you do that in? How is the adult life treating you?
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ye dinnae 'ave tae be a kid tae read Redwall.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

MatthiasMan

Quote from: Verdauga on May 17, 2023, 04:06:42 AMWhy didn't you put this in a members-only board

Oof, I am too much of a noob to know that is a thing.  Regardless, I don't mind making this public. I figured the spam forum would fit well enough since I didn't know exactly where to post this.

Quote from: Verdauga on May 17, 2023, 04:06:42 AMHey man how you been? Software Engineering, huh? In what applications do you do that in? How is the adult life treating you?

As for software engineering, I work on embedded systems!  In general this means working with software that is tightly coupled to hardware.  The application is avionics networking, which is a time sensitive environment. 

The adult life is awesome, man! I couldn't ask for more.  I love my job, I love where I live, and I love where I'm headed.  Of course, I miss some of the bliss and daydreaming and wonder of being a kid, but I wouldn't trade that back for all the blessings of now!

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on May 17, 2023, 05:03:56 PMYe dinnae 'ave tae be a kid tae read Redwall.

Y'know I was thinking of picking up a book. . .

Luftwaffles

Hey, dude! Seen your name around a couple of times when I was still active.

Welcome back!
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

MatthiasMan

Quote from: Luftwaffles on May 18, 2023, 08:28:25 PMHey, dude! Seen your name around a couple of times when I was still active.

Welcome back!

Hey! I remember you Luftwaffles! How's it going? Hopefully keeping the forum in shape.

WorshipTiria

I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

MatthiasMan

Quote from: WorshipTiria on May 19, 2023, 05:43:43 PMHow does it feel to pay taxes?

Not that bad at all.  It's way easier than school, that's for sure.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: MatthiasMan on May 19, 2023, 05:08:20 PM
Quote from: Luftwaffles on May 18, 2023, 08:28:25 PMHey, dude! Seen your name around a couple of times when I was still active.

Welcome back!

Hey! I remember you Luftwaffles! How's it going? Hopefully keeping the forum in shape.

Haha, that's not my job anymore ;D

I'm doing great, thank you. How was your week?
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

MatthiasMan

Quote from: Luftwaffles on May 20, 2023, 08:06:29 PM
Quote from: MatthiasMan on May 19, 2023, 05:08:20 PM

Welcome back!

Haha, that's not my job anymore ;D

I'm doing great, thank you. How was your week?

Last week was great!  I love doing what I do as a software engineer.  Right now I'm working on a presentation for a lab demonstration I had been working on for the past couple of weeks.

Matthias720

Well hello there! Fancy seeing you around these parts. It's been quite a while hasn't it? Anyway, read any good books lately, or has IRL stuff kept you too busy for that?

MatthiasMan

Quote from: Matthias720 on May 23, 2023, 11:48:18 PMWell hello there! Fancy seeing you around these parts. It's been quite a while hasn't it? Anyway, read any good books lately, or has IRL stuff kept you too busy for that?

Hey Matthias720!  I think you're one of the oldest members of this forum, haha! 

Currently reading a book called The Wizard Knight by Gene Wolfe, a Catholic author from the 80's.  It's classical fantasy.  I gave away all my Redwall books to nieces and nephews unfortunately, lol.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: MatthiasMan on May 29, 2023, 10:17:05 PM
Quote from: Matthias720 on May 23, 2023, 11:48:18 PMWell hello there! Fancy seeing you around these parts. It's been quite a while hasn't it? Anyway, read any good books lately, or has IRL stuff kept you too busy for that?

Currently reading a book called The Wizard Knight by Gene Wolfe, a Catholic author from the 80's.  It's classical fantasy.  I gave away all my Redwall books to nieces and nephews unfortunately, lol.

ZE CARDINAL ZIN! GET ZE COMFY CHAIR UND FLUFFY CUZHIONZ!!!!

Could ztill try ze library, zough.

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

MatthiasMan

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on May 30, 2023, 07:06:51 PM
Quote from: MatthiasMan on May 29, 2023, 10:17:05 PM

ZE CARDINAL ZIN! GET ZE COMFY CHAIR UND FLUFFY CUZHIONZ!!!!

Could ztill try ze library, zough.

I know! So sad isn't it.  But it's for a good cause.  I know my nieces and nephews will enjoy those books as much as I did.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Fair enough. Ye ztill get ze comfy chair, zough.