News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Which Forum User would you like to meet in person.

Started by Leatho Shellhound, June 01, 2012, 12:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

A bit more clarification on a previous comment. Hobson's choice is no choice at all. You either take what is available, or don't. The example I saw first was like choosing between using the toll bridge (which is the only one), or not using it. A choice between things that are equally negative is known as a Morton's fork. That having been said, Morton's fork is also said to be (by Google, and multiple articles describe both versions of the fork), "a type of false dilemma in which contradictory observations lead to the same conclusion." I also came up with Sophia's choice which is choosing between two things that are equally good or bad, as well as Buridan's donkey (different word, same meaning) taking so long to choose between two things of equal worth (in this case, a positive), that one has negated the value in some way. The example given was a (donkey) placed halfway between both hay and water to which said animal could decide on neither, thus resulting in both starvation and terminal dehydration (had to look up that one too)... That was a lot more than I planned on discovering when I looked into Hobson's choice.

Quick question..... how does this relate to forum members?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Verdauga

*Insert spongebob "imagination" meme with the word "Cellars".*

Anyway, in response to your reply.............

Between a rock and a hard place?
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

The Shadow of Korriban

The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Kade Rivok

Ooo, someone who's actually replying to the topic!  *Applauds.*
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

The Shadow of Korriban

Perhaps you too. Though I'm a minor, and you are fully grown.
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Kade Rivok

Indeed, which is why I've been ignoring the topic subject for the most part  ;D
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

The Shadow of Korriban

Still, I would like to meet you. Among a lot of other folks on this friendly reef of the internet.

The Skarzs

Sheev almost sounds sane here.

There are several of us who are over 18.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Verdauga

Quote from: The Skarzs on January 13, 2020, 06:54:55 PM
And at least a few who aren't. But most of us are.
Quote from: Russa Nodrey on January 13, 2020, 06:57:15 PM
Indeed. I'm 36.
Really? Imteresting...

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Verdauga

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Kade Rivok

Quote from: The Skarzs on January 13, 2020, 06:54:55 PM

You are correct, but most that are tend to stay out of the cellars (as far as I can tell) so I don't haven't had a ton of interactions with them.  I actually wouldn't mind meeting you Skarzs, you remind me a LOT of another friend I have that also did construction and ALSO did blacksmithing, 'till he had a brain tumor.  (I should mention that he's recovering now though, so I don't sound morbid.) 
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.