News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Songs you love, and the songs you hate.

Started by Søren, October 13, 2014, 02:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Genre of music?

Pop
5 (14.7%)
Rock
4 (11.8%)
Classical
7 (20.6%)
Country
6 (17.6%)
Alternative
5 (14.7%)
R&B
0 (0%)
Rap/HipHop
2 (5.9%)
Indie
5 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Jetthebinturong

Fall Out Boy are pretty cool, I've only heard Thrift Shop from Macklemore though so I can't really speak about him. From what I've heard, he's pretty good
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Conrad the Painless

Gotta say my favorite song right now is either Anchor-Tritonal (Noisestorm Remix) or Neutral Milk Hotel's- Holland 1945. My LEAST favorite song is......hold on a sec, this is kind of a hard choice....I guess I don't have a song I REALLY hate, but I don't like a lot of pop music.
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

Maudie

I voted classical, but I do like some pop songs.

Got a long list of ex-lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane
But I've got a blank space, baby
And I'll write your name

Yep, Taylor Swift. There's just something about that song.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Mask

Gotta agree with the exes. Taylor Swift has turned into a nut. Seriously, someone dumps her, she writes mean songs about them.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Maudie

That is why you should never date a singer. Sure, they can write you nice love songs in private, but when you break up with them their next hit song is going to be anti-you. ;) ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Skyblade

I have to admit, Blank Space is very well-written in terms of literary devices, diction, and style. Though, I'm not a huge fan of love songs. They're cool, and I like a few, but in my opinion there are many other important topics one can write a song about.

Anyway, I like instrumental and songs with words. I like songs that make you think.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Kitsune

Two songs that I really like are I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack and Heroes (We Could Be) by Alesso ft. Tove Lo because their messages actually mean something to me.

Skyblade

I also like songs that one can personally connect with...they mean even more.

Kitsune

I absolutely love it when there is a song that you can perfectly relate to and it is in a style you actually like. I listen to those songs over and over.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Skyblade on January 19, 2015, 03:44:43 AM
I also like songs that one can personally connect with...they mean even more.
Agreed. *Thinks of certain song.*
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Mhera

Quote from: Mask on December 05, 2014, 06:26:18 AM
I voted classical, but I do like some pop songs.

Got a long list of ex-lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane
But I've got a blank space, baby
And I'll write your name

Yep, Taylor Swift. There's just something about that song.
Am I the only one who hears "Starbucks lovers" instead of "ex-lovers"?

As far as what songs I like, right now it's "Budapest" by George Ezra, "Gold" by Imagine Dragons, and "Parachute (Serban Ghenea mix)" by Ingrid Michaelson

Skyblade

Lol at the Starbucks comment. But yeees, songs that feel like they are meant for you are something. Anyway, I love music in general. I can't decide between classical and rock though, for the poll.

I can't decide on a favorite song, but my favorite band is Skillet, a Christian rock group, and my favorite composer is Sean Patrick Hannifin, who writes fantasy-themed, modern classical music.

Kitsune

Quote from: Mhera on January 19, 2015, 04:21:24 AMAm I the only one who hears "Starbucks lovers" instead of "ex-lovers"?

Nope. For the longest time, I thought it said "The lovely Starbucks lovers." :P

Delthion

Journey's End by Tommy Makem and Liam Clancy is a song that I really like, along with The Day of the Clipper by the same artist, also Red is the Rose also by Tommy Makem and Liam Clancy. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Romsca

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on October 13, 2014, 02:34:29 PM
Ok, sound off you favorite song; album; artist, whatever. Then put your LEAST favorite one in.
My favorite is Imagine Dragon's Its Time.
Least favorite right now is Shake it Off. Can't stand Taylor Swift.

Weird. I like both of those songs.

Favorite song(s): It changes all the time (like several times a day), but I'd have to say "Iris" by The Goo Goo Dolls or "I'm Still Here" by lead singer of said band or "Through The Fire" by Hawk Nelson or "Shiver" or "Prospekt's March/Poppyfields" by Coldplay right now

Least favorite song(s): "Jealous" by Nick Jonas. Not only are the lyrics really, really, stupid, it sounds HORRIBLE. And "Take Me to Church" by Hozier. I've only heard half of that song once but the lyrics have a super offensive meaning (no cussing as I can recall but they're meaning is extremely disturbing)

For the poll I put Alternative