News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Random Rants

Started by Maudie, January 13, 2015, 06:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

Go ahead Mask, that's why this thread exists, right?
Sorta gross joke
Go ahead, poop that party out. You know what that stuff does to your colon. And remember: Better it come out the basement and not the attic.
[close]

I'm retired from the forum

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

You didn't have to open the spoiler.

The Skarzs

I don't have to come to the Cellars.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

I don't have to fulfill my natural curiosity by clicking a button, but in general I will, because it's pretty darn hard not to, and my INT is higher than my WIS.

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: Mask on January 16, 2015, 02:53:55 AM
What should I do with my brother? He's bossy and interfering, but he is so well, I'm not sure what to call it. Self righteous? Righteous? Well, he does what he does (namely, stop me from reading teen fiction, inspect every book I get from the library, and bug me when I'm doing unproductive things) for good reasons, like, he doesn't want me to make the "mistakes" he made, but it's not his job or his right or his business to do them. It's so annoying.
As an older brother, I sympathize. No, not you, him! My advice is this: listen to what he says, think about it, but also take it wih a grain of salt. After all, brotherly advice is usually pretty bland (even the good stuff!). And, rightous is not the worst word in the world I can think of for an older brother. At least he cares about you.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Søren

Quote from: The Skarzs on January 27, 2015, 07:33:17 PM
I don't have to come to the Cellars.
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 27, 2015, 10:11:37 PM
I don't have to fulfill my natural curiosity by clicking a button, but in general I will, because it's pretty darn hard not to, and my INT is higher than my WIS.
But you do anyway.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 27, 2015, 10:11:37 PM

Me too, a saying that I made up is: "In my knowledge, I am foolish." ;D ;D ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Mask

AAAAAAAH! Why? I got a new console today, and my dad says I can't use it until tomorrow, which just HAPPENS to be the first day of school.  I went to the shops at 9 to get the darn thing.  I've been waiting to get it for MONTHS! ARGH!
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Søren

Maudie

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on January 27, 2015, 10:29:35 PM
Quote from: Mask on January 16, 2015, 02:53:55 AM
What should I do with my brother? He's bossy and interfering, but he is so well, I'm not sure what to call it. Self righteous? Righteous? Well, he does what he does (namely, stop me from reading teen fiction, inspect every book I get from the library, and bug me when I'm doing unproductive things) for good reasons, like, he doesn't want me to make the "mistakes" he made, but it's not his job or his right or his business to do them. It's so annoying.
As an older brother, I sympathize. No, not you, him! My advice is this: listen to what he says, think about it, but also take it wih a grain of salt. After all, brotherly advice is usually pretty bland (even the good stuff!). And, rightous is not the worst word in the world I can think of for an older brother. At least he cares about you.

I know, but he acts like he's my dad. If my parents didn't want me reading those books, they wouldn't let me read them. I don't read the books they tell me not to read, yet he still acts like me's my father.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

Ah yes. . . I sometimes do that too. . . :-[ Well, maybe you could tell him that he's acting a bit like a parent rather than a sibling; us older brothers won't be demolished from the loss of a little ego.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

I'm not sure I would be able to stand someone stopping me from reading something I wanted to. I mean, my brother hates teen fiction and tells me I shouldn't read it but he doesn't stop me and if he's going to the bookshop and I want something, he'll get it for me (providing I give him the money of course). I would suggest telling your brother that you appreciate the gesture but that he has no right to stop you reading those books
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan