Started by Maudie, January 13, 2015, 06:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Mask on February 11, 2015, 04:06:44 PM
Uh, yeah. Don't you?

We get heat, rain and wind. Always heat, rain, and wind. In fact, I might freeze to death in an American winter.  :(
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Søren

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on January 28, 2015, 09:06:01 PM
DIDITJUSTHAPPENORWHATIDON'TKNOWWHATTHEISSUEISHEREICOULD'VETAKENOVERTHEWORLDAND
BLOWNUPTHEABBEYORTHESHIPORTHEMEETINGORWHATEVERBYNOW!

Don't do that.
Hey man, why you gotta go in and change my stuff man?

I'm retired from the forum

James Gryphon

Hey man, because, it stretched the page like, you know, a foot, man.
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on February 12, 2015, 01:51:53 PM
We get heat, rain and wind. Always heat, rain, and wind. In fact, I might freeze to death in an American winter.  :(
Ooookayyyy. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

Quote from: James Gryphon on February 12, 2015, 04:08:47 PM
Hey man, because, it stretched the page like, you know, a foot, man.
Hey man, you could like, TELL ME, man. Not just go into my stuff man.

Rusvul

Man, he's, like, a mod, dude, it's like his job to go in your stuff and, like, fix it, man...

Maudie

Yeah, like, respect the mods, dude, like, seriously.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Søren

But, like dude, he could have pmed me, like for realz.
(;D)

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Søren

Nononono, you gotta say it right:
Whatevs. Or Whateverz.
;D;D

Jetthebinturong

I really need to give the characters from my incubus story surnames. It doesn't make sense for them not to have them. So okay maybe the jucubae don't need them, whatever but seriously I can't have Jasper, Roland, Isabelle, Katherine, Janice, Liam, Alec, Zeke and all the others and then not give them surnames, it's so weird. Also I'm so obsessed with having equal numbers of male and female characters I end up with a bunch of them I can't think up personalities for, IT'S A PROBLEM. My newest named story, Lightborn Academy has SIXTEEN MAIN CHARACTERS. Well, two main characters and then fourteen semi-main characters. That's not a problem though because I have given them all unique personalities but the incubus story has FIFTEEN HUMANS AND ELEVEN JUCUBAE. WHAT? ONLY THREE OF THEM HAVE PERSONALITIES WHAT IS MY PROBLEM???

Dark
I'm also quite literally incapable of writing gay characters without them suffering SOME KIND of homophobic abuse, often of the soul-crushing variety. Seriously, one world I've made is so homophobic that the main character is afraid for his safety if anyone will find out he's gay. What happens? He is savagely beaten by his brother (I should mention that his brother is both a psychopath and a power-hungry sociopath who will stop at nothing to control everything) and since he is a prince, his dad fires his boyfriend from his job and exiles him (the boyfriend that is (though admittedly his dad does eventually accept that there's nothing he can do and they kill the brother)). Another character, Dane, also suffers from abuse, admittedly it is because his brother considers him a failure on every conceivable level and him being gay is just a part of it, it causes him to abandon his surname and live a life as a recluse with an abrasive personality. Recently I've managed to tone this trend down a bit, Julian suffers from nothing bad (that is mentioned), nor do Robert, Megan, Juliet, Tom or Michael but aside from Michael none of them are MAIN main characters and also in my newest story, planned just a day after that one, Jasper (one of the main two (it's a romance story) is revealed to have been beaten up when he first came out. GREAT JOB ME! I feel like a terrible person when I write this stuff.
[close]

Weird
Also I'm incapable of writing straight or lesbian romance stories. Will I have straight or lesbian romances in my stories? Yes. Will they be the main focus? No. Will I have straight MAIN main characters in my stories? Yes. Will their relationships be explored? No, not apart from Kyla and Nilo's relationship and Wati's marriage but I haven't even created a character for his wife yet. Ugh.

I've also realised that in my second most recent story that there are two straight guys, three gay guys, two bi guys, an asexual guy and a pansexual guy. Normally this would not be a problem except that both of the bi guys end up with gay guys as does the pansexual guy. The majority of the girls are straight and the two straight guys are both jerks, THEY HAVE NO ONE TO BE WITH. Admittedly Roxanne and Alex are going to end up together because they're both jerks and someone MIGHT end up with James (the asexual guy (he's heteromantic)) but the rest of them have no one. IT FRUSTRATES ME TO NO END!!!
[close]

So yeah, there's that.

*David Atenbrough voice* Having successfully killed the thread by disturbing everyone, the wild binturong returns to his hole to think about his poor choices
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rusvul

This is kind of an inverse rant:

RANDOM LOOT TABLES ARE SO AMAZING! Seriously! I can roll a few dice and know EXACTLY what the party gets! It's crazy! TABLES ARE THE BEST!

(I like random tables. Of all varieties. They just make me really really happy.)

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: The Skarzs on February 12, 2015, 05:41:51 PM
Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on February 12, 2015, 01:51:53 PM
Ooookayyyy. . .

ILIVENEARTHEEQUATOR!
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.