News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Random Rants

Started by Maudie, January 13, 2015, 06:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: The Skarzs on March 03, 2015, 04:44:51 AM
I'm glad I don't.

It's humid too. And you get insects a LOT.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jukka the Sling

Why does everyone hate Tauriel so much? And it's not because of her personality and character. If she'd been in the book, I'm sure everyone would love her. But just 'cause she was invented for the movies and fell in love with a Dwarf, everyone automatically despises her. And for those who say their romance happened way too quickly for two races who hated each other, consider the fact that Lúthien just looked at Beren and instantly fell in love. (Of course, their races didn't hate each other.) In comparison, Tauriel and Kili's romance was far more realistic.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

The problem is that until Legolas and Gimli came along, the two races utterly despised each other, it's well-established canon that they were some of the first dwarves and elves to be friends. Also, it ruins The Hobbit by adding in yet another stupid subplot that had nothing to do with the book just because they're scared people won't watch something nowadays unless it has romance in it. Tauriel is a cool character and if she'd just been there I don't think anyone would mind, it's her relationship with Kili that bothers people
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

Yeah, I guess that's part of it.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Eulaliaaa!

I hate studying Latin, it's so hard...
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Luftwaffles

Why does my HDD keeps thinking that I have 0 bytes of free space and swallows the difference to get to that number?! It's the most annoying thing ever.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Wylder Treejumper

I'm hungry. I NEED FOOD!!!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jetthebinturong

Why must there be words that people are not allowed to say? Swearing is such a stupid concept. Songs are not "clean" when they don't have swearing, they just don't have swearing. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CLEAN LANGUAGE, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS DIRTY LANGUAGE, THERE IS JUST LANGUAGE. Prohibiting people from using words is ridiculous, what makes the f word worse than darn? What makes the other d word which this site stupidly blocks for no apparent reason and is not considered bad language in any sensible culture worse? Who decides these ridiculous rules on which words we can and can't use. The concept of swearing baffles me
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Mhera

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on March 05, 2015, 06:12:33 PM
Why must there be words that people are not allowed to say? Swearing is such a stupid concept. Songs are not "clean" when they don't have swearing, they just don't have swearing. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CLEAN LANGUAGE, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS DIRTY LANGUAGE, THERE IS JUST LANGUAGE. Prohibiting people from using words is ridiculous, what makes the f word worse than darn? What makes the other d word which this site stupidly blocks for no apparent reason and is not considered bad language in any sensible culture worse? Who decides these ridiculous rules on which words we can and can't use. The concept of swearing baffles me

Maudie

I think that words that are used without meaning generally classify as swear words. Like the umm, word. you know, the F word. It has no meaning. That's what makes it so bad.
I dunno, maybe that's not it.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rusvul

It seems that most swear words mean something that people find repulsive, disgusting, or unpleasant.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Mhera

Delthion

Do you watch Psych too??!!!!!!!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Mhera

No, it just seems to be a source of many fist bump GIFs. :P