News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

[CRAFT] Art in Metal

Started by The Skarzs, October 10, 2014, 04:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

A knife. . . :P

But in all truth, I am trying to get away from only doing knife making, as it really is the ruination of smiths. I'll still make them, but I'm hoping not as much.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

Yay, finally got some pictures of my forge(s)! First off, I'll post the quick view of the both of them, and at the bottom right corner you can see the broken and melted brick that I used to test a Venturi burner (look it up, if you want) that someone gave me. Can't tell to easily in the pic, but they're all blue and glasslike from being turned into lava. :P

Anyways, the one on the left is the propane forge, the right one is the coal.

Here are two close-ups.

Mindy moop le pooch! ^

If you have any questions as to how these work, feel free to ask away.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

. . . Sorry about the triple post, but here is a picture of a fillet knife I made (top), and a utility-type knife I made for my sister on her birthday.

Yes, that is a fish for the handle. ;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Cool!

(And your forge is cool too.)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rainshadow

That handle is awesome.  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Lady Ashenwyte

Nice. Not sure how you hold that fish handle blade though.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on April 07, 2015, 05:15:37 PM
Cool!

(And your forge is cool too.)
Thanks! (Which one? ;))

Quote from: Rainshadow on April 07, 2015, 09:44:39 PM
  That handle is awesome.  ;D
Yes it is.

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on April 09, 2015, 10:17:26 AM
Nice. Not sure how you hold that fish handle blade though.
It's really a lot more comfortable than you might think; I made it so that two fingers would go above the fins, and one and a half would go below. :D :P It works.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

So what are you trying to make now?

I'm retired from the forum

The Skarzs

I want to make a flower.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

The Skarzs

THERE CAN ONLY BE THREE!!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

It's going to be hard, I tell ye. (At least from a newbie's view)

Faiyloe

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Skarzs

Why thank you, Faiyloe. ;D

And for my next magical trick, I shall show you my. . . erm, shop. (And there are my two ASOs: Anvil-shaped objects. :P I'm saving up for a good one.)

I'll be happy to answer any questions about it.

And here are the ugliest tongs in the world, built for holding railroad spikes.

. . . Along with a lovely cut-off hardy I made from a piece of axel. It works real well.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Banya

Mindy is adorable.

Your forge looks like it's in the open.  Maybe you've already answered a question like this, but are you able to work in your forge year-round?