News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

[CRAFT] Art in Metal

Started by The Skarzs, October 10, 2014, 04:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

The only reason it isn't too comfortable is because my hand is too big for it. If someone had a smaller hand I'm sure they'd be able to have it just fine.
  At the same time, it's meant more as a decoration. It doesn't have an edge and the steel I used wasn't very good.

Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 17, 2015, 06:41:18 AM
*Horrified look* NO MORE FORGING FOR YOU, TROLL!
;~; But. . . my life.

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on July 17, 2015, 07:49:55 AM
Dude, that knife is beautiful. Terrific job there, man (also, the armor was quite impressive too).
Thanks, Sierra!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Skarzs, you can forge as much as you like, just be careful, if you mess up I'll set Corn on you and never forgive you.  ;D
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Skarzs

Depends on your idea of "messing up."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

If you die or cut your hand off we will kill you, so just be careful.  ;D

The Skarzs

Quote from: Faiyloe on July 17, 2015, 10:22:19 PM
If you die we will kill you
Logic.

Anyhow, this is kinda turning into spam. I appreciate you guys viewing the topic, but I don't want this to turn into a Cellars topic. ;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Got it, we'll get back to discussing your metal.  ;D

The Skarzs

Right, well, I'm not trying to go all shamelessly plugging on you guys, but I have started a Youtube channel called Cave of Skarzs, in which I will post videos of some projects. I will continue to post pictures here as I will not record everything, but I just want to let everyone who might be interested that my channel is there.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

cool channel! Looking forward to more videos!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Cornflower MM

Yeah, it's pretty cool. :) I've suscroibed to your channel, too.

Eulaliaaa!

Heh, wouldn't it be funny if you became this famous YouTube guy. We'd all be able to say, "I knew that guy before he was famous. Yeah, we're friends."  :P

(And that braided knife is beautiful. I love knives. Maybe that's bad, but that knife is amazing. How hard was it to braid? And how do you braid it?)
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

The Skarzs

Thanks, guys!

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on July 22, 2015, 02:07:50 AM
Heh, wouldn't it be funny if you became this famous YouTube guy. We'd all be able to say, "I knew that guy before he was famous. Yeah, we're friends."  :P
First, doubtful I'll become famous. Second, I don't want to be. :P

(And that braided knife is beautiful. I love knives. Maybe that's bad, but that knife is amazing. How hard was it to braid? And how do you braid it?)
Glad you like it, and knives. ;) Braiding isn't too hard; as long as you have three pieces (a pain to cut, though) and a heat source, it's not too hard. Just keep the ones you're not braiding out of the way and you're good. What would make it easier would be to use an oxy-acetelyne torch to heat them up individually, but since I don't have that luxury I can get along without it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eulaliaaa!

Quote from: The Skarzs on July 22, 2015, 02:19:20 AM

First, doubtful I'll become famous. Second, I don't want to be. :P
well, if you do, I just hope you don't forget Faiy and us humble Redwall folk back at the forum.  ;D

Glad you like it, and knives. ;) Braiding isn't too hard; as long as you have three pieces (a pain to cut, though) and a heat source, it's not too hard. Just keep the ones you're not braiding out of the way and you're good. What would make it easier would be to use an oxy-acetelyne torch to heat them up individually, but since I don't have that luxury I can get along without it.
[/quote]

It looks hard to do... and sounds hard, but I've never blacksmithed before.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

The Skarzs

Have you braided hair or rope before?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

I watched just enough of the second video to hear what you sounded like. You sound...older.

I'm retired from the forum

The Skarzs

Vatch dem erl.

Interestingly enough, Corn said she thinks I sounded younger. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.