News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

[CRAFT] Art in Metal

Started by The Skarzs, October 10, 2014, 04:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhera

Rainshadow

Quote from: Mhera on March 02, 2015, 04:41:47 AM
Looks sharp. 8)

I see what you did there.  Heh.  Heh heh.

EDIT:  Ahahahahahahahahaha...  Silly Shainy thought you said "Looking sharp", not "Looks sharp".  I seely.  I very seely.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Skarzs

Thanks, you guys!

And you're correct. I would not really trust you with a thirteen-inch long, twenty-four ounce hair splitter.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

That is scary... and I don't like handling stake knives... XD ... What I don't like blood. even the thought of potential blood makes me sick.   :P Still cool though Mr. Spock keep it up... While I sit on the other side of the screen worrying that you will cut your finger off.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Jukka the Sling

Wow, that's awesome!

Quote from: Faiyloe on March 05, 2015, 04:01:05 PM
While I sit on the other side of the screen worrying that you will cut your finger off.
Aww, how sweet of you! ;D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Luftwaffles

You have done some terrific stuff, dude.

And the first knife you said it was rather bad, I have to disagree, it looks nice to me ;)

As for my favorite piece: It would have to be that WIP dagger shown on the first page. It's been so long since I saw any (let alone knowing the blacksmith) :D
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

The Skarzs

That is scary... and I don't like handling stake knives... XD ... What I don't like blood. even the thought of potential blood makes me sick.   :P Still cool though Mr. Spock keep it up...
Thanks! I've gotten a bit used to blood. . . do you think that's a problem? :P

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on March 05, 2015, 04:06:05 PM
While I sit on the other side of the screen worrying that you will cut your finger off.
Aww, how sweet of you! ;D
*Holds knife warningly at Jukka.*
I appreciate your concern, Faiy. ;)

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on March 05, 2015, 04:35:35 PM
You have done some terrific stuff, dude.

And the first knife you said it was rather bad, I have to disagree, it looks nice to me ;)

As for my favorite piece: It would have to be that WIP dagger shown on the first page. It's been so long since I saw any (let alone knowing the blacksmith) :D
Thank you very much, Sierra! While the first knife might look nice in the picture, I could snap it with my bare hands: that should tell ya something about its construction. :P
And the work in progress is still just that; I haven't been able to work on it much.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Luftwaffles

You're more than welcome!

Well, even if the knife is a little blunt, I still like it a lot :D
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

MeadowR

Great work on these. I know little about blacksmithery myself so this is really interesting to see. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Lady Ashenwyte

Do you think you'll be working with bronze anytime soon?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on March 05, 2015, 06:11:00 PM
Great work on these. I know little about blacksmithery myself so this is really interesting to see. :)
I'm glad you find it so.

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on March 19, 2015, 09:29:49 AM
Do you think you'll be working with bronze anytime soon?
I would really like to do some bronze forging, and I'm sure I will eventually, but I just don't have any to work with. Bronze has its own technicalities for forging, so it will prove interesting when I do try my hand at it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

As the title change suggests, I am elated. I mean, I am so excited I was literally singing out loud not long ago.
Why? Well, so far nearly all the projects you see on this topic have been made at a monthly conference I go to (others were made at classes, and were tossed together at home).
But at 12:37 PM today, I got a forge at my own house!! A smith I know was very kind and gave me a Venturi burner (it's a propane burner), offering that, if it worked, I would pay him next time I saw him. I got to test it today, and it works AWESOME!
. . . So well, in fact, that the firebrick I was using as the forge walls melted. . . Yeah, I had lava. It was rather squishy, actually. O_o
Anyways, I'm just really happy that I got to do some forging at home; I'll need to get better brick, so until then I won't be able to do forging, but I'll be satisfied for a while now.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gonff the Mousethief

Awesome Skarz! Make something epic with it!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

I already made something, actually. XD
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.