News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Harry Potter!

Started by CaptainRocktree, October 16, 2014, 08:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainRocktree

Anyone here like Harry Potter?! (Besides me!)
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

SilentSam

;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Gonff the Mousethief

Read the first 5 books in 3rd grade! Love HP, seen all the movies, did a report on Daniel Radcliffe, ect. I do like lotr, Narnia, and Redwall better though.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Rainshadow

I'm currently reading the second book, so I'm still sort of a noob to the fandom, but I like Harry Potter, yeah.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

CaptainRocktree

@Gonff That is awesome!, But I do find myself liking those books better to!

@Rain Noob or not you still like Harry Potter! *High Fives*
J.R.R Tolkien

The Mask

Eh. I didn't really like it very much. So I don't really get what all the fuss is about.

On another note. I think this topic is going to get merged, seeing as there's probably already a topic on Harry Potter.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Jetthebinturong

I've read and watched them all, I'm underwhelmed by them and they don't deserve the hype they have, the writing is sub-par and the story is mediocre. The characters are this series' only saving grace
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Dannflower Reguba

After being likened to the Ravenclaw house just because I wore a scarf (by multiple people I might add), I went and watched all the movies in something like a week..... I must say, it was certainly interesting, though, like Jet said, there were things about the story (the movie story, I'm sure the book story was quite different) that just didn't work well.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Conrad the Painless

Meh. I think it's OK. But, I AM going to the Orlando theme park!
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

CaptainRocktree

Oooo, The Orlando park is amazingly awesome!!, When I went only the Hogwarts/Hogsmead one was open, So I didn't get to see Diagon ally but from what I saw its awesome! ;D
J.R.R Tolkien

MeadowR

Yes, I'm a fan of the books. :) The books were okay, though I do think the books would be better as a series seeing as so much was cut out, and part of the appeal of HP was the 'ordinary' funny moments that happen to the characters.

I've been to the HP Studio Tour in London and that was enjoyable!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Hickory

Love Harry Potter! Excellent story line. Guess J. K. R. released a umbridge story.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Rainshadow

I just finished Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban yesterday, so now I'm waiting on my sister to finish Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (which she just started) before I can read it.  The cons of having three people reading one series at the same time.  ::)  But I'm excited 'cause I get to watch the first three films next week when I'm lying incapacitated on the couch!  :D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Wylder Treejumper

I've read them all. The first one is the best... My favorites are in reverse chrono order.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Maudie

I've only read the first book. But I have friend who is a die hard Harry Potter fan. She apparently is a Slytherin, and she thinks I'm a Hufflepuff. We were arguing about the conditions of the Slytherin house, I was saying Dumbledore was a fool to take the all the cunning, mean people and put them together and then give them the worst living quarters of any of the houses. She actually wasn't all that against it, which surprised me because she loves Slytherin. Yeah, anyway... ::)
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3