News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Better then Iphone!? Only $300!

Started by CaptainRocktree, July 28, 2015, 07:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainRocktree

Have you heard of the company OnePlus? They make phones that are supposedly better then IPhone (?) for only $300. They just releaed there second phone "The OnePlus Two" But it runs on an in vite system only. Meaning you have to have a invite to get one  :-\. But they look real nice.. You can check out this link to learn more: https://oneplus.net/invites?kolid=IBDR5T

Ps: I dont own one so I don't know much about them.
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Søren

It being better then an iPhone (which the Verge said its predecessor, the OnePlus One, is not) is a matter of opinion. It's too early for the phone to actually be reviewed, so the notion that it's better is a matter of opinion (likely OnePlus's opinion.)  However, the OnePlus Two would be a great Andrioid phone, if only you can get your hands on one. It's supposed to ship around August.

I'm retired from the forum

CaptainRocktree

Yeah, As I said I do not own The OPO. But I would love to get my hands on the OnePlus Two. I like OnePlus Two's freedom approach, allowing you to customize your phone how ever you want. (Software and hardware) I'm currently 325,281 / 499,057 on the invite list :P.
J.R.R Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

These seem cool, but I got my IPhone 5c for 50$, abs it still works well (I get my upgrade in November). Maybe Apple will take note of this and other features on their competition.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

CaptainRocktree

Woah, How'd you get it for $50? I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, I got that for free. But Im not a huge fan of it.
J.R.R Tolkien

Søren

I've got an iPhone 5C that came for $100 with the contract. I can upgrade in October, (the end of the two years) but I think I want to wait another year and get the iPhone 7. Between the iPhone 6S that is undoubtedly coming out in September, and the following year, I'd like to get on the even years with the new hardware.
Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on July 28, 2015, 04:26:14 PM
These seem cool, but I got my IPhone 5c for 50$, abs it still works well (I get my upgrade in November). Maybe Apple will take note of this and other features on their competition.
It's funny, the competition has to change their entire business model to match Apple's. :P ;D

The USB Type C on the Two is good, that's probably the future of technology. The MacBook has it.

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

Phones are evil! That's all I have to say...
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rusvul

Inanimate objects are incapable of malice. I find smartphones quite convenient, especially since my parents are divorced.

Delthion

I know...but, WWW or www. in Hebrew is pronouced in English. (Don't know how it's spelled.) is va va va...which is 666. Just a little fun/ominous fact!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Mask

What does that have to do with phones? That's an internet related thing...
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

CaptainRocktree

Quote from: The Mask on July 29, 2015, 12:57:46 PM
What does that have to do with phones? That's an internet related thing...
xD, I guess that makes the forums evil.

(I think he means that Phones run on internet)
J.R.R Tolkien

Lady Ashenwyte

I used to have pretty darn good knockoff Samsung. Good times.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.