News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Guess the book quote game

Started by Leatho Shellhound, July 18, 2012, 04:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

Redwall

Yore the stuff my dreams've been made of, though I didn't realize it 'till just now.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on July 19, 2012, 09:21:44 PM
Quote from: Flandor on July 19, 2012, 06:52:04 PM
That was in Eragon.

"The sunny slopes and quiet streams... I'll wait for ye there..."

I think that was from Loamhedge.

Um I don't know your Rain.

I - am that is

Mine was from Inheritance.  I have no idea what yours is from W0NWILL.

"What do you mean?" he said. "Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Flandor

I see you're an X-Men fan, Rainshadow :) Awesome!

Anyway, your quote is from the Hobbit.

"A horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Rainshadow

Richard III?

"....avoid roasted cabbage, do not eat earwax, and look on the bright side of life!"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Flandor

Yep!

That ones from Eldest.

"I was never kinder to the old man than during the whole week before I killed him."
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Rainshadow

The Tell-Tale Heart?

"Not enough info makes for a lot of dead cats."
"Dead cats?"
"You know, 'Curiosity killed the cat.' And I have enough curiosity to start a feline genocide."
"Feline genocide?"
"Yeah. If you don't explain Apollo, the cat kingdom will crumble. Cats all over the world will suddenly plop down in unmoving masses of fur, their food will dry up in smelly chunks of fish, and when people call, 'Here, kitty kitty kitty,' no cats will come running; they'll just-"
"What's wrong?"
"I just realized . . . if all those things happened, no one would notice the difference."

Lily

Circles of Seven by Bryan Davis. I didn't know that one, had to look it up. It's in the jokes thread on this forum. ;)

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."

Icefire

Pride and Prejudice! I love that book...

A person's a person no matter how small.

Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it a rule that a new quote can't be posted until the last quote is for sure guessed correctly? It's rather annoying to look back and see some quotes that were guessed vaguely or incorrectly. Of course, I might be the only one annoyed with that...
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Flandor

Horton hears a who? I think?

"Stay gold, Ponyboy.  Stay gold."

Easy one lol.

Rainshadow

The Outsiders.

"Why are the nations in an uproar and the peoples devising a vain thing?"

Flandor

*thinks back to college class on ancient and religious texts* is that from the Bible? I've never been to church once in my life so Idk if that's correct.

"It's partly true, too, but it isn't all true.  People always think something's all true."

Lily

I just looked that previous one up, it's from Psalms, apparently.

The Catcher in the Rye!

"Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again."

Flandor

Catcher in the Rye is right, one of my favorites.

I don't know yours unfortunately.  Ill look it up but won't cheat just yet though ;)

Lily

It's from one of my favourite books. They're opening the musical on Broadway soon. :)

Flandor

NOW I know haha, it's Rebecca.  Ray's sister loves musicals so she's always talking about stuff like that.

"For the pride of trace and trail was his, and sick unto death, he could not bear that another dog should do his work."

From one of my all-time, very favorite classic books.