Guess the book quote game

Started by Leatho Shellhound, July 18, 2012, 04:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lily

Haha, it sounds like Ray's sister and I would get on very well.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that quote is from those books DanielofRedwall likes... the ones with the wolves... The Call of the Wild, or something?

Flandor

;D yes, exactly.  Daniel has excellent taste as well.

You didn't add a quote ;)
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Lily

I didn't! Oops.

Haaaaa, good guess, me. Maybe I should give them a read.

"It was a pleasure to burn."

Flandor

Oh, Fahrenheit 451.  I love that book.  I did a huge paper on it at college when I went.

"Time is an illusion.  Lunchtime, doubly so."
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Something Horrifying

Quote from: Flandor on August 10, 2012, 03:47:29 AM
Oh, Fahrenheit 451.  I love that book.  I did a huge paper on it at college when I went.

"Time is an illusion.  Lunchtime, doubly so."
!!!!!!!

THE GUUUUUIDE! Aaaaaah I LOVE Douglas Adams. <333

*cough* I'm okay now. XD

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, said Death. JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Flandor

Aaaah Terry Pratchett! Good Omens.

"And now I was indeed wretched beyond the wretchedness of mere Humanity."

Something Horrifying

Quote from: Flandor on August 10, 2012, 04:14:32 AM
Aaaah Terry Pratchett! Good Omens.

"And now I was indeed wretched beyond the wretchedness of mere Humanity."
Yessss. Good Omens is one of my favorites.  ;D The other quote I considered posting from it was the kraken stirring and ten billion sushi dinners crying out for vengeance. XD
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Flandor on August 10, 2012, 02:59:52 AM
;D yes, exactly.  Daniel has excellent taste as well.
Why thank you. :) And I agree, "Farenheit 451"'s a good one. I like Bradbury's short story "All Summer In a Day" as well. And SH, Douglas Adams is amazing!

That previous one is from "The Black Cat" by none other than Edgar Allan Poe. I know the story, but I did have to search that one up.

"Tell me again 'bout the rabbits, George."

(Not an exact quote, I don't have the book on me, but it's close enough.)
Received mostly negative reviews.

Flandor

Of Mice and Men :)

"Go to the rats."

Rainshadow

The Secret of Nimh?

"Sometimes it is only a True Friend who knows what we mean when we try to speak.

Somebody who has spent a lot of time with us, and listens carefully to what we are trying to say, and tries to understand."
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

DanielofRedwall

Sorry, I had to cheat there. It's "How To Train Your Dragon".

"He loved Big Brother."

Rainshadow

Actually, it's from How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse.  Lol, it's from the How to Train Your Dragon series though.  Yours is from Nineteen Eighty-Four?

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Flandor

Fellowship of the Ring <3

"I knew I could do it this time, because I'd already done it.  Does that make sense?"

DanielofRedwall

"Prisoner of Azkaban".

"If a rabbit gave advice and the advice wasn't accepted, he immediately forgot it, and so did everyone else."

Flandor

Watership Down, I'm thinking.

"Badger hates Society, and invitations, and dinner, and all that sort of thing."