News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall TV series

Started by Firewall978, November 13, 2011, 01:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like the TV series to continue?

YES!
Restart the series with better animation
No
There was a Redwall TV series????!!!!!!

Shadowed One

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on September 28, 2013, 12:05:25 PM
I'm slowly getting through the first series. It is a rather tedious cartoon. They've been a bit too gentle with the stories - had this been made even 10 years before it would have been more gutsy. (No blood at all? Really? The animation would still be poor, but it wouldn't matter so much if the stories were well put together, as has been seen with some earlier cartoons. Back to the actual cartoon, when I did watch the odd episode a few years back I didn't think they'd portrayed Badrang and co. very well - was that supposed to be a stoat??? In my recent viewing of the first series it was odd that they had a bitwith Basil in and he's supposed to be angry yet he's smiling! Very lazy animation in parts; I guess their budget wasn't huge. It's a shame this wasn't more of a collaboration with England like Watership Down at a similar time was, maybe with some actual British accents.

Anyway, I will continue to slowly get through the three series from curiosity. I voted 'no', by the way, because I'm not sure that even a restart would get it right. Maybe in a few more years if people are prepared to spend a bit more time on it.

It was a kids show, so they aren't going to have gory stuff. And they took most of the swearing out as well. In fact, they toned the entire thing down.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

rachel25

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on September 28, 2013, 12:06:56 AM
Killconey doesn't seem very evil in the TV series; in fact, he's rather likable. He's also one of the few characters in the TV series to have an American accent.
but the way his accent is written he should sound Irish b/c he keeps saying, "Like me old Mother used to say... and me being part Irish (like distantly but I can do the accent if I want)  knows these things. And anyway in the audio tape I have (which is read by Brian Jacques himself) Killconey is Irish. And I like Killconey anyway.  ;)

MeadowR

I now it's for kids, but that doesn't mean they can't be a bit gory. Just a bit of blood... it happens. Fall down in a playground, blood appears... Bit too much censoring these days really! :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Shadowed One

Yeah, so much that people expect it in kid's shows. Blood in a kids show and people would sue them.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

naima

i would just like to say, as an englishman, of all the british accents in the cartoons;

they're rubbish. XD

it's the same with all american (or in this case, canadian) shows about british characters... the british accents always end up sounding just terrible. everyone is either from the east end of london (all the female mice), somerset (the moles) or the 1800s (the rabbits). plus cap'n clogg said "aarrgh! go boil ya head"... i'm half scottish myself, and have heard that phrase many-a-time. you pronounce head; "heed".

not that i mind... i rather enjoy terrible english accents.
it was the strangest thing today
i studied footprints in abandoned pathways
'neath forgotten undergrowth something stirring again
you were a single red blood cell and I lost you in this knot of capillaries
but you were bringing me oxygen when I needed it most in the smoke

(frank turner)

Redwaller

Lol! You haven't heard French accents in american movies!  :D HORRIBLE!!!!

Shadowed One

Quote from: naima on October 12, 2013, 12:23:45 AM
i would just like to say, as an englishman, of all the british accents in the cartoons;

they're rubbish. XD

it's the same with all american (or in this case, canadian) shows about british characters... the british accents always end up sounding just terrible. everyone is either from the east end of london (all the female mice), somerset (the moles) or the 1800s (the rabbits). plus cap'n clogg said "aarrgh! go boil ya head"... i'm half scottish myself, and have heard that phrase many-a-time. you pronounce head; "heed".

not that i mind... i rather enjoy terrible english accents.
Brian Jacques said in a video that he got the mole accents from Somerset. Look at the videos in the Brian on YouTube topic.

JangoCoolguy

Watched the whole thing twice, with a few favored episodes watched multiple times. And hey, I'm okay with the changes in Mattimeo and Martin The Warrior (Not so much with Redwall)

And while I'd like to see it continued, I went with the second option. As much as bringing the show back from the dead would be cool, it ain't happening people :(. Time to move on, cut our losses, and start over.

Thing is, we'll probably NEVER see another Redwall animated project  :'(
We're talking about a series where cute and cuddly--and not so cute and cuddly--animals literally go medieval on each other like a nightmarish (for parents) cross between Walt Disney and Mel Gibson. Even cleaned up, it's still a hard sell and it's gotten to the point where NO studio or network would touch it with a 20 foot pole