News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Poetry and songs of Redwall

Started by foxpen, July 10, 2021, 11:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxpen

Poetry and music takes such a prominent place in the Redwall series, with every book featuring several songs, poems, and even riddles.

Does anyone have a favourite poem, song, or riddle? From which book? And which book(s) are your favourites for lyrical slammin'?

Me, I will forever love the Marlfox opening poem. Sets a good tone for how mysterious the Marlfoxes are supposed to be. And, of course, the main riddle from Redwall, I Am That Is, will forever be dear to me. Not because it made much sense or was particularly clever, it was just my first exposure to Redwall riddles XD

thepixelmurderer

I can't really choose just one, but the opening poem in Lord Brocktree definitely comes to mind; it really hooked me when I first read the series in chronological order.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
The OG Redwall book was the weakest one, and I stand by that.
Also, I made a list of word counts of the Redwall series: https://www.reddit.com/r/eulalia/comments/gkmce1/word_counts_of_redwall_all_books/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x