Rules of Posting for Clans of Redwall (signature required)

Started by BrookSkimmer, September 28, 2014, 04:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

The following are the rules for posting in Clans of Redwall. You must adhere to these rules if you wish to be successful in the tournament.  Signing this list by writing your user name and posting ti below shows me that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by these rules.

Rule 1: You may post up to five times per week.

Rule 2: You will choose two of these posts to be judged. Other posts besides the ones you signify as the ones you want judged will be looked at to help if a tie breaker ensues.

Rule 3:
If you do not post at least three times per week you will be disqualified, unless you tell BrookSkimmer through PM in advance as to why you can't get the three posts in.

Rule 4:Do not use the tournament threads to make OOC comments. PM people, use the plotting boards and/or the discussion board for this.

Rule 5: Do not be rude or complain during this tournament. These tournaments take lots of time for me to put together and run. If you don't like it then don't take part in it. Be aware that judging does include some human judgment, discretion and discernment. We will do our best to be fair and impartial during the judging process, please do your best to respond in a kind manner or you will be asked to leave the tournament.

Advice to help you score well:

Make your posts count! Be descriptive, allow for interaction with other characters, move the plot forward!

Don't present something like this as a complete post in the tournament:

"Blah blah blah" he said while smiling.

This will get you nowhere score wise. See the Tale Weaver's posts to get an idea of what we are going for. If your post takes you less than 15 minutes to write, its probably not ready to post it.  

Posts must be at least 2 solid paragraphs long if you want to score well.

RP Etiquette

The following points of etiquette will be observed by participants in the tournament:

No Autoing aka Power Playing
You may not post what another character is doing or how a character responds to your character without the other writers permission. OOC them and ask what they would like to do to work out the situation [i before[/i] making your post involving them.

No God-Moding
You may not have your character do something that is not possible in the Redwall world. Example, a mouse cannot move a gigantic boulder, i.e. have the strength of a badger so to speak.

No Mary-Sueing
You may not have a character that is impermeable to injury and/or have no weaknesses. Ex. If a character receives a deadly wound to the chest from a sword, they would not be able to continue fighting as if they didn't have said wound.

***Please sign by writing your user name below. I will make an example of how to sign the rule list below this post. No posts will be judged in the tournament without your "signature" on this form.***

BrookSkimmer

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Unimaginative

"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Mask

I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Faiyloe

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Wylder Treejumper

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.