Redwall Books Ranked From Best To Worst (LitReacter Column)

Started by SandyB, June 20, 2019, 10:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SandyB

Problems in life are never resolved by distancing yourself from them. Escape is never the safest plan nor the safest place.

Tungro

Nice to see that people are still writing/recommending it!

Jack the Quick

'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Dante8002

I have only read the first 14 and Rakkety Tam- the others are yet to go!

1. The Bellmaker- I love the plot. I like Finbarr Galedeep and Rab Streambattle a lot too.
2. Lord Brocktree- I love the battle between the two giants!
2. Mossflower- I like the constant attacks Skipper and Lady Amber fight against Tsarmina's horde. I admire Boar!
3. Redwall- I like the redwallers defence against the bad guys and how good is Matthias' adventure against Asmodeus!
4. Martin the warrior- great adventure and the whole the time i thought Rose would marry Martin...
5. The Legend of Luke- RANGUVAR FOESEEKER! YAYLAHOOOOO! (She could defeat Martin in seconds)
6. The long Patrol- I like it how the patrol defeat twice their number with ease.
7. Rakkety Tam- I like Gulo the savage- one of the only bad guys to match up to a Male Badger.
8. Salamandastron- A bit annoying how Urthstripe died with a vermin he could destroy easily- wasted his life! The dryditch fever was depressing- But Salamandastron is still awesome!
9. The Taggerung- No excitement though I admire the Taggerung.
10. Mariel of Redwall- Only thing is that I wanted Lord Rawnblade to slay Gabool.
11. Mattimeo- Quite boring compared to the other Redwall books.
12. Marlfox- no great warriors, no great excitement.
13. Outcast of Redwall- The redwall part lacks excitement but I think Sunflash is great!
14. The pearls of Lutra- The final battle is grand, but this book lacks action and needs to be more speed up the excitement.

Yalahoo!

clunylooney

Quote from: Dante8002 on December 16, 2019, 12:04:45 PM
A bit annoying how Urthstripe died with a vermin he could destroy easily- wasted his life!

Well he was dying anyway because Ferahgo was stabbing him in the neck so he didn't really waste his life by jumping off Salamandastron.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

MeadowR

Interesting list and I feel it is a fair ordering of the books. I agree with them on a few points on the latter books - Triss characters being 'flat', Loamhedge having a questionable message at the end, and a bit of a wasted opportunity with Outcast.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

clunylooney

I know that this wasn't for this but I'll do it anyway:
1. Mossflower
2. Redwall
3. High Rhulain
4. Marlfox
5. Taggerung 
6. The Bellmaker
7. The Legend of Luke
8. Lord Brocktree
9. Outcast of Redwall
10. The Long Patrol
11. The Pearls of Lutra 
12. Salamandastron
13. Mattimeo
14. Martin the Warrior
15. Mariel of Redwall

"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Corporal Rubbadub

All the books are to good for me to choose an order, but some of my top are The Long Patrol, The Rogue Crew, Lord Brocktree and Rakkety Tam. The Rogue Crew is at the top for me, and surprisingly, Redwall (the first book) is my least favorite because Brian Jacques writes in a different style. If you notice, in every book except the first, Redwall, he writes instead of putting the dialogue after the description of the scene, in the first book he writes by doing a style of _____ said so and so.