News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Mole Dialect/Accent

Started by Mommui, July 03, 2019, 08:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mommui

Has how the moles talk ever been an issue to you? Has it been annoying? How do you even write it?
In another light, do you like how the moles talk? Are the moles your favorite redwall race (Their certainly high up there for me!)

Personally its only annoying when I gotta write with it, in my opinion its much easier to understand them when you say their lines out loud

Tungro

The first couple books I read I skipped over them entirely. Pretty soon I got used to it
Can't really remember any moles that stuck out for me. Though Axtel Sturnclaw was pretty cool

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Tungro on July 03, 2019, 08:30:43 PM
The first couple books I read I skipped over them entirely.
I have to admit I did do that I bit some of the first times I read the Redwall books. However, I've kinda grow to like it.  :) (Though writing it is pretty hard... My hat is off to Brian Jacques)
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Jetthebinturong

With a few exceptions, I've always found molespeech easy to understand. Suppose you learn how to read English accents better if you're English yourself.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

What accent was that based off again? I remember him saying one time it was from some little town in the middle of nowhere that he was delivering something to
Personally, I find it easy to read. But if I were to hear it spoken it would probably be a different story.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Mommui

Quote from: The Skarzs on July 04, 2019, 05:57:24 PM
What accent was that based off again? I remember him saying one time it was from some little town in the middle of nowhere that he was delivering something to
Personally, I find it easy to read. But if I were to hear it spoken it would probably be a different story.
I only remember Brian saying it was based off how the old men from where he lived spoke

The Grey Coincidence

They say things like 'you're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen' and you think 'should I be worried?'

Oi gurtly enjoyz moi molertalk, even iffen oi b'ain't too good at eet.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Jack the Quick

That's pretty good.
Personally, I find reading it not that hard, but writing it is a nightmare. Nuh uh. I hate writing it.
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Mommui

Quote from: Jack the Quick on July 04, 2019, 10:41:25 PM
That's pretty good.
Personally, I find reading it not that hard, but writing it is a nightmare. Nuh uh. I hate writing it.

I hate writing it to but I always put mole characters in my big fanfictions.....why do i do this to myself

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: The Skarzs on July 04, 2019, 05:57:24 PM
Somerset. Moles are from Somerset.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Grey Coincidence

Quote from: Mommui on July 04, 2019, 11:37:39 PM
That's pretty good.

I hate writing it to but I always put mole characters in my big fanfictions.....why do i do this to myself

I did as well XD- unsurprisingly they have barely any lines.... helped by the fact that they're not toooo important but still...
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Mommui

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on July 05, 2019, 04:32:52 AM
Quote from: Mommui on July 04, 2019, 11:37:39 PM
That's pretty good.

I did as well XD- unsurprisingly they have barely any lines.... helped by the fact that they're not toooo important but still...
I made one one of the bigger roles in redwall abbey...pray to martin for me

Tungro

shisteer of nothing much

I really like mole speak,  personally. It's easy to read and writing it takes a fair amount of thought, but it's certainly doable. Moles are definitely my favourite species, though they haven't got very significant roles in my story.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Steelinghades

Quote from: Mommui on July 03, 2019, 08:24:24 PM
Has how the moles talk ever been an issue to you? Has it been annoying? How do you even write it?
In another light, do you like how the moles talk? Are the moles your favorite redwall race (Their certainly high up there for me!)

Personally its only annoying when I gotta write with it, in my opinion its much easier to understand them when you say their lines out loud

Generally speaking I've always managed to understand mole-speak fairly easily, though if you ask me to write it, I'll literally lose my mind.