Saddest Redwall Book

Started by Tiria Wildlough, December 06, 2011, 02:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

MTW was not sad except for at the end, which failed to move me to tears (but then, almost nothing in writing can do that) ;). I would say that The Legend of Luke is really sad. Luke's death was predictable, but I feel cheated whenever I read that, and sad for Martin, because he never saw his father again. :(
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Martin the warrior

The Legend of Luke was so sad    I remember going to my room and crying for Martin.
Apples is ripe when they are ready  
When pears is ripe they'll fall
What must happen will happen or       
it won't happen at all

To love, you must first love yourself

Icefire

Martin the Warrior moved me to tears......and I almost NEVER cry! That was years ago and I haven't cried over a book since.....although I almost wanted to last time I reread MTW.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Trisscar95

Triss, This book really made me cry when Drufo dies and then at the end of the book when Shog dies.
the other one I really cried on was The Long Patrol, when Russa Nodrey dies.
'Twixt leaning ash and poison gold,
Trisscar Swordmaid, look, behold,
What is sought by everyone.
Now! Ere high noon light moves on.'

brocka

For me it was the death of Felldoh. I may have acted the same way if I had been born a slave. Sad waste of many lives.

Driffle

Martin the warrion when Rose of Noonvale dies :'( :'(

Marlfox70

QuotePearls of Lutra also sprang to my mind when I first read this topic. I remember being absolutely devastated when Piknim died. There was a moment like that in every book, I guess, but Piknim's death stands out for some reason.
:( I was depressed the rest of the day when that happened I wanted to find something to pay respects to her :(

Felldoh and Rose in Martin the Warrior also got me =[

Even in The Sable Quean I felt sad when Gliv wasn't able to avenge her mate. It's not often vermin show much remorse or emotion in these books so I was really hoping she'd get her chance.

When Skor's son in the rogue crew died that probably woulda been sadder for me if I wasn't so angry at how he died. >.> It didn't make any sense for that fox from the hinterlands Ketral Vayne to have gone there by himself even though he had an army of his own and then take a shot at just killing one person and trying to run. @_@

I really wanna read these all over again now I realize I forgot some moments in it's history. O_O Gotta finish the song of ice and fire series first though ;o

Captain Tammo

Loamhedge and Martin the warrior!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Ceteruler

Rollo the Baby Bankvole

Now I've changed my mind after reading some of the other books...I would have to say Triss is one of the saddest because of how the slaves are treated so unfairly and because of poor Drufo and Shogg :(. Pearls of Lutra because of the Lutra Holt being killed for six pearls and of course Piknim :(. Oh, and The Taggerung because of Deyna growing up not knowing his real family and because of  Rillflag :(.
I've read Mattimeo, Salamandastron, The Pearls of Lutra, The Taggerung, Triss, Eulalia!, Lord Brocktree, The Legend of Luke, The Bellmaker & The Long Patrol! xD
??Just close your eyes, the sun is going down, you'll be alright, noone

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Rollo the Baby Bankvole on December 20, 2011, 02:31:50 AM
Now I've changed my mind after reading some of the other books...I would have to say Triss is one of the saddest because of how the slaves are treated so unfairly and because of poor Drufo and Shogg :(. Pearls of Lutra because of the Lutra Holt being killed for six pearls and of course Piknim :(. Oh, and The Taggerung because of Deyna growing up not knowing his real family and because of  Rillflag :(.
DON'T YOU DARE FORGET CREGGA! :'(
I'm not a hipster.

Rollo the Baby Bankvole

Oh yeah, and Cregga, it was sad when she died, at least she was happy and it was a peaceful death, surrounded by her friend Mhera :(
I've read Mattimeo, Salamandastron, The Pearls of Lutra, The Taggerung, Triss, Eulalia!, Lord Brocktree, The Legend of Luke, The Bellmaker & The Long Patrol! xD
??Just close your eyes, the sun is going down, you'll be alright, noone

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, and that was more than Rillflag got.
I'm not a hipster.

Skarlath

I can't believe nobody's mentioned Skarlath! His death was always the saddest death for me.
Give 'em blood and vinegar!

Melody

I think loamhedge and martin the warrior are the saddest.