News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Annoying Parts in Redwall

Started by Tiria Wildlough, February 05, 2012, 04:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jewel Thief

Parts I didn't like?
Urgan and Silvamord being complete and utter disappointments as villains, with there stupid blunders and pointless bickering.
The completely needless death of Plugg Firetail :(
The entire massacre of the crew of Raga Bol by Lonna Bowstripe >:P
The Redwall Abbey warriors arriving to Sampetra with not only the intention of rescuing their abbot in mind, but also with randomly attacking a bunch of corsairs freedom-fighters they had no quarrel with and just randomly burning all their ships before stealing the best one and sailing off. I mean, they didn't even know what was going on, they just hopped in there and screwed everything up-They didn't even let the corsairs have the pleasure of killing Ublaz for themselves, after all the bad stuff they had to go through!
Slitfang's death by Kurda.
So many Goodbeasts "sparing no quarter" against their enemies during combat.
Zigu's death.
All those annoying, fast-talking, ignorant, weird-accented vole and squirrel sidekicks that keep on popping up everywhere.
Gruven, and why the heck Vallug, Eefera or Sawney didn't kill that freaking idiot the moment he started trying to "step up and take command", as well as all those poor, witless vermin that decided to follow Gruven's idiotic, selfish, blundering orders and get all of themselves killed.
And finally, Askor's death- Just think, Askor could have been a hero in the book, a mighty wolverine who defeats his brother and takes the horde back home...Just to die a chapter into the book by getting crushed by a tree. :P
Hey Jewel thief where do you get, all those silver pistols?
Hey Jewel thief where do you get, all those arrowheads?

clunylooney

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on February 06, 2012, 05:29:05 AM
I do not think it is fair for someone who is bigger to exert their authority over people. There is always a nice way of asking. :)

He is a badger lord, he doesn't have to ask nicely.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

MeadowR

I thought it was slightly annoying that newts kept being referred to as 'reptiles' in one of the books. No... they're amphibians!!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

clunylooney

Quote from: MeadowR on April 13, 2020, 04:57:19 PM
I thought it was slightly annoying that newts kept being referred to as 'reptiles' in one of the books. No... they're amphibians!!
And he called Dolphins fish in The Legend of Luke.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

MeadowR

Did he? Argh! :o I mean it's fine if a character refers to another animal wrongly, but when Brian seems to do it, you think, surely you knew that?!?!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Sanddunes

the good guys have the advantage in most of the books(minus numbers)