Annoying Parts in Redwall

Started by Tiria Wildlough, February 05, 2012, 04:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwall Musician

I read a book yesterday (Shield of Stars). In the book they mention using the bathroom and it kinda bothers me. I liked the book, it just bothered me. So, yes, I am glad they don't mention bathroom breaks in the Redwall.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

I personally agree with everything that Flandor said about Eulalia! and I agree that Scarum was horrible in how he nearly got his friends killed a couple of times. Another thing is that fact in how skinny, half-starved slaves always kill the big, well-fed hordebeasts with weapons.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Wisteria Wild Cat

Quote from: Nightfire on February 13, 2012, 10:02:39 PM
I personally agree with everything that Flandor said about Eulalia! and I agree that Scarum was horrible in how he nearly got his friends killed a couple of times. Another thing is that fact in how skinny, half-starved slaves always kill the big, well-fed hordebeasts with weapons.

I agree definitely. I do wish there were more realistic aspects in the book. I mean, seriously? All these slaves, starved, weak and probably mental, could revolt and attack those huge evil vermin? Yeah, I don't think so. 
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Tannsrall

When your reading and your so close to finishing and the last 5 pages talk just about food also when your really hungry all it is talking about is food. 
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

Mad Maudie

Quote from: Trigoma on February 05, 2012, 05:04:16 AM
I find it frustrating/annoying how easily the good guys kill the bad guys. 5 Squirrels killing a whole army? Impossible. But thats just my preference. 

i find that annoying to and you sound exactly like my brother!!!!!!
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Skipper

I don't like how in redwall it mentions dogs and villages, it kind of ruins it and the part where it says Cluny is a portugese at, i think it is unoriginal compared to the other books though its easy to understand since it was the first book he wrote he started to develop more of his own ideas as the books progressed, also maybe the good guys get injured abit more, but i think the rest is fine with me

RedwallForever12

It seems that 20 mice can kill a horde of vermin.... And the good beasts always win and show no mercy
"Friendship is something that th blind can see and the deaf can hear"

RP Description:
  Creature: Ferret
  Color: Sable
Attitude: Sly, suspicious, natural mother
Extra: Loves to poison enemies, is nice to good creatures.
           HATES Wildcat

Dannflower Reguba

A thing about this invincibity, Rose? She got thrown into a wall! how does that kill? Cluny took a lot of working over and it was a bell that killed him! alot of the important and personal charecters get killed :'( (which is what ticks me off) Junty got killed by 2 arrows in the back, hes a hedgehog! his back is hard to pierce. Danflor Reguba let out all his energy on 1 ferret didn't kill him and was 100% exhausted. Here are some more, Bragoon, Sarobando, Jukka the sling and that old hare with her, countless important hares are slain. This list is HUGE! they ARE NOT invincible, not by a long shot!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Skipper

i kinda hate how when the shrews are involved in a fight, the shrews always end up dieing and the main charactes are only slightly wounded

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: danflorreguba on March 19, 2012, 08:14:13 PM
A thing about this invincibity, Rose? She got thrown into a wall! how does that kill?
True, I did think about that. I once wrote a story about how she survives, but is completely crazy. However, I gave up on it because I had no ideas. I wonder what the reaction to that would have been... ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Wolfstar

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on March 20, 2012, 07:57:57 AM
Quote from: danflorreguba on March 19, 2012, 08:14:13 PM
A thing about this invincibity, Rose? She got thrown into a wall! how does that kill?
True, I did think about that. I once wrote a story about how she survives, but is completely crazy. However, I gave up on it because I had no ideas. I wonder what the reaction to that would have been... ;D
I would say that if Badrang threw her hard enough she can die from blunt force trauma to the head.  I learned that from CSI if your wondering.
Happy and kind.

Nightfire

Yeah, I agree. Blunt force trauma can kill easily. All it takes is hard enough force. Baseball-bat-to-the-head-kind-of-force, and...........BAM! Yer dead.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Dannflower Reguba

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwallfan7

In some books, I would have liked to see the vermin win, even though for most I'm either team Redwall or team switzerland
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba