Debate: Crocodiles as the Redwall vermin

Started by Redwallfan7, June 06, 2012, 03:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

What if the vermin were crocodiles or alligators?

Discuss!
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Redwaller

They would have to be smaller than average size crocodiles, like the size of a badger or smaller.

gorath

My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Bragoon

It would be an interesting predicament though.  Since gators can run surprisingly quickly, plus their thick hides and strong jaws, I don't think even a badger could defeat one on it's own.  Maybe a story about two badgers who constantly fought, but they had to come together to kill the gator? 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

cicizhang01

Call me Shadow, just a lone shadow in the quiet night...

Redwaller

Flandor

I think it'd be pretty neat.  I think what you'd end up with is a creature similar to Gulo mixed with Lask Frildur, personality wise.  A behemoth reptile with cannibalistic tendencies and a reptilian brain.  A challenge worthy of a Redwall champion or warrior badger for sure.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwaller