News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Your favorite vessel or ship in Redwall?

Started by sabretache5611, July 05, 2011, 12:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabretache5611

The Redwall series sports an amazing array of ships and vessels.  They range from small ships for the rivers such as Guosim Logboats that shrews use to sail the river and the fast watervole boat Swallow featured in Marlfox, to the larger vessels such as the one Triss stole from Riftgard and to even larger ships such as Finbarr Galedeep's Pearl Queen and the Wuddship, the vessel that brought Martin the Warrior and Co. back to Mossflower to fight Tsarmina.

So, which of the vessels in Redwall is your favorite, regardless of allegiance?
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Galedeep

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

sabretache5611

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 05, 2011, 12:15:30 AM
Quote from: Galedeep on July 05, 2011, 12:15:07 AM
The Pearl Queen!

And pudding.

mmmhmmm the pudding of course, not the ship itself.  Seriously The Pearl Queen is such an awesome ship.  Though I have to say I quite liked the Purloined Petunia, the Wuddship and the Swallow.
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Purloined Petunia is sad. Also, it sounds very hare-ish, as befits its namer
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

sabretache5611

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 05, 2011, 12:18:46 AM
Purloined Petunia is sad. Also, it sounds very hare-ish, as befits its namer

Ah yes...poor cuthbert....

sabretache5611

To clarify, the definition of vessel in this case is very broad.  The tree trunk that the wolverine in Rakkety Tam sailed on is regarded as a vessel.  (it floats on water)

James Gryphon

Probably Waveworm, although I also favor Darkqueen and Bloodwake.

The heroes seem to have something against good ships, though, because they end up destroyed or scuttled at the end of just about every adventure; every one of these ships ended up being taken apart or sunk, at least temporarily.
« Subject to editing »

sabretache5611

Quote from: James Gryphon on July 05, 2011, 12:33:44 AM
Probably Waveworm, although I also favor Darkqueen and Bloodwake.

The heroes seem to have something against good ships, though, because they end up destroyed or scuttled at the end of just about every adventure; every one of these ships ended up being taken apart or sunk, at least temporarily.
lolzars.  an astute observation.  well the ships in Triss were all commandeered by the heroes and not scuttled.

martins#1fan

The Sayna! of course from The Legend of Luke.
I hope I spelled it right! ::)
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

sabretache5611

Quote from: martins#1fan on July 05, 2011, 01:49:05 AM
The Sayna! of course from The Legend of Luke.
I hope I spelled it right! ::)

I believe you did.  and yes that was a good ship.

Trigoma

isnt there a ship called "gutprow" or "gutprowl"? hmm anyways i like tht ship. i forgot wut book it was in xD
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

sabretache5611

Quote from: Trigoma on July 05, 2011, 02:15:18 AM
isnt there a ship called "gutprow" or "gutprowl"? hmm anyways i like tht ship. i forgot wut book it was in xD
don't remember either XD

James Gryphon

Gutprow was captain Warpclaw's galley, which came to its end when they attempted to capture shrew dibbuns for their slave crew. Sunflash the Mace flew into a violent rage and killed every vermin onboard, and then scuttled the ship afterwards.
« Subject to editing »

AbbotPlumble