Your favorite vessel or ship in Redwall?

Started by sabretache5611, July 05, 2011, 12:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabretache5611

Darkqueen was quite the fast ship if i remember correctly. 
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Redwall Musician

Greenshound from Rogue Crew was totally awesome. A weapon, wagon, and ship, all in one.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

DanielofRedwall

I haven't finished the Rogue Crew, but Greenshoud is an awesome ship! Who would of thought it, a boat that can go on land! I also like the Pearl Queen a lot and the Guosim logboats.
Received mostly negative reviews.

James Gryphon

Quote from: sabretache5611 on July 05, 2011, 05:07:21 AM
Darkqueen was the fastest ship in Gabool's fleet, and said to be the only ship he would sail on if he ever returned to the seas... which makes it pretty special, though Gabool planned (just before the end of his life) to build more ships, all larger and faster than it was.

A similar ship in Pearls of Lutra was Freebooter, Barranca's ship, which was the fastest vessel in Ublaz Mad Eyes' fleet -- and speed counts, especially when you don't have cannons or similar ranged weapons to interfere.

According to the Redwall wiki, Greenshroud wasn't unique; long before it ever sailed, another ship, Honeysuckle, had received similar modifications, although they weren't permanent.
« Subject to editing »

sabretache5611

Quote from: James Gryphon on July 05, 2011, 05:23:08 AM
Quote from: sabretache5611 on July 05, 2011, 05:07:21 AM
Darkqueen was the fastest ship in Gabool's fleet, and said to be the only ship he would sail on if he ever returned to the seas... which makes it pretty special, though Gabool planned (just before the end of his life) to build more ships, all larger and faster than it was.

A similar ship in Pearls of Lutra was Freebooter, Barranca's ship, which was the fastest vessel in Ublaz Mad Eyes' fleet -- and speed counts, especially when you don't have cannons or similar ranged weapons to interfere.

According to the Redwall wiki, Greenshroud wasn't unique; long before it ever sailed, another ship, Honeysuckle, had received similar modifications, although they weren't permanent.

Yep, Honeysuckle was a fast flat-bottomed craft that appeared in Legend of Luke (Martin's era).  It received wheels to transport it inland.
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Captain Tammo

The purloined petunia and the Sayna are the best in my opinion
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Osu

I'll have to say the Greenshroud or the two little boats Blaggut builds for the dibbuns in Bellmaker.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I thought this topic read "Your favorite weasel..." when I saw it just now.

What was cool, Blaggut had just said he was a boat builder on the spot. Turns out, he can build boats, and build them well.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 06, 2011, 03:03:19 AM
It seems that HeadInAnotherGalaxy has brainwashed us all...
Received mostly negative reviews.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

xD
That was a thought that occurred to me when at the time. interesting thread though, lot of possibilities.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

sabretache5611

Quote from: Osu on July 06, 2011, 03:01:27 AM
I'll have to say the Greenshroud or the two little boats Blaggut builds for the dibbuns in Bellmaker.

Haven't got Rogue Crew so explain the Greenshroud????  Blagguts little barrel boats were awesome

Osu

Quote from: sabretache5611 on July 06, 2011, 05:15:36 AM

Haven't got Rogue Crew so explain the Greenshroud????  Blagguts little barrel boats were awesome
I would happily, but it'd spoil a big part of the book for you...?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

sabretache5611

Quote from: Osu on July 06, 2011, 05:16:49 AM
Quote from: sabretache5611 on July 06, 2011, 05:15:36 AM

I would happily, but it'd spoil a big part of the book for you...?

oh right....wishful thinking.   :'(  zip ur mouth like this  :-X

Captain Tammo

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 06, 2011, 04:33:26 AM
Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 06, 2011, 03:03:19 AM
It seems that HeadInAnotherGalaxy has brainwashed us all...

Hahahaha I laughed out loud when I saw that!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Rizzan

I loved the Pearl Queen a great ship that saw much adventure and survived what would have sunk most ships.