News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

If it was a movie: Poll

Started by SaberTruth, October 30, 2012, 11:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What book would make the best movie?

Redwall
Mossflower
Mattimeo
Mariel of Redwall
Salamandastron
Martin the Warrior
The Bellmaker
Outcast of Redwall
Pearls of Lutra
The Long Patrol
Marlfox
The Legend of Luke
Lord Brocktree
Taggerung
Triss
Loamhedge
Rakkety Tam
High Rhulain
Eulalia!
Doomwyte
The Sable Quean
The Rogue Crew

SaberTruth

I know there have been several topics having to do with Redwall "movies and ideas" but I hope it is OK to start this one (just delete it if not), one reason was I wanted to have a pole with it. How ever, I don't know how to make a poll on this forum, so I suppose you will have to type your answer.  :-\
My question, out of curiosity, is: what Redwall book do you think would make the best movie. Don't just pick your favorite book, but think about how the book's story line works. I know from some of the ones I have read, that there are some that would have better movie story lines than others. Most people pick Redwall or Mossflower, but those two have already been made into cartoons.

W0NWILL

I've always wanted to see Brocktree as a movie. And there should be an + poll button in the same bar as reply.

cregga rose eyes

I think the Long Patrol, with Tammo and younger Cregga. It would work out well in my mind because it is very actiony.
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

SaberTruth

Thanks WONWILL.  :D
Poll is up now.

Tiria Wildlough

They all would be awesome, but I voted for Mossflower. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

Mossflower won my vote for these reasons:

We could see how the friendship  between Martin and Gonff started

There's Tsarmina. While I'm not particularly crazy about her,  how would they portray her on the screen? I'm guessing that she would be a orange/reddish colored wildcat, like they showed on the U.S hardback cover of Mossflower.)

I'd love to see Skipper of Otters. I just love his personality in this book.

We could see what the Mossflower living was like before the Abbey was built.

And, the battle that determined Redwall Abbbey's fate.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

redwallgurl

I voted for Rakkety Tam because it never really shows anywhere else besides Mossflower except for Martin The Warrior. It'd be cool to see some new heroes and more action.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

phoenixfoden

rackety tam is my favorite book so far so i chose it for a movie.

WildDoogyPlumm

I chose Taggerung. I'm not exactly sure why, but I thought that would make a good movie.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

SaberTruth

I liked the Taggerung. May be because it has a good story tine progression, but it lacks some of the big battles that some of the others have. Also, a few of them would be better to make first, such as Redwall (it was the first book written), Martin the warrior (the beginning of the story off Martin), Mossflower (the beginning of Redwall), or Lord Brocktree (the beginning of Salamandastron and first book chronologically)
If it were a series, it could be put in groups too, such as a series will all the books that focased on Martin the Warrior, or all the books that had Salamandastron as the the main location.

AxeHound

I'd say Redwall. It would stand alone as a movie the best. It has the best plot (imho), and the characters are amazing! Cluny gets best villain award I think!

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

Jacklock

I would prefer "Redwall" and "Mossflower" to be live as a movie though it is out as a cartoon.

abbotsrboss

Definitely Redwall as it is the first book and the most popular book.  It is what gets people hooked! 
Other than that, I'm not really sure... all of BJ's books are fantastic!!
I wish I was as wise as a Redwall Abbot

EyePatterns

Maybe "Taggerung" is a decent option to consider and make it real.

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior