Doomwyte
8 (8.7%)
The Sable Quean
0 (0%)
The Rogue Crew
7 (7.6%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Tiria Wildlough

So, which one is it? Mine is definitely Taggerung. You can post which one you don't like, and why you don't like it.
I don't like Taggerung because there isn't a proper main villain, there are no good battles, and it is pretty sad. And I'm sorry to say that Deyna is one of my least favourite characters.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skipper

well i dont really like mattimeo as much as i like the others, mattimeo is just not as intresting as i thought it would be

Folgrimeo

"Loamhedge" for its plain hero (the badger, though there was plenty more focus on other characters), boring villain, nothing too interesting going on, and what it was building up to didn't really pan out. Didn't help that "Loamhedge" consistently has awesome covers for different regions, which would lure people in. I was much more disappointed in "The Long Patrol" and "Outcast of Redwall", but they had their moments. "Loamhedge" was firmly mediocre throughout. But it did have Horty, and Badredd honestly should have been the villain for being more charming in his clumsiness and immaturity than Raga Bol. Badredd was flat-out awesome on the Russian cover of "Loamhedge". But not even he could save the book.

Log-a-Log

I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Plugg Firetail

Mine is Eulalia!.Vizka longtooth was not a good villain.

Mad Maudie

I did not like triss much it just seemed so BORING i can not help it Taria how can you hate Dayna he is Awesome
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Dotti

Well, my least favorite among the older books would be Redwall or Mattimeo.  I also dislike Eulalia!, Doomwhyte, and The Sable Quean.  They lacked somthing that was present in the other books.   Rogue Crew was a great finish for the series, though!
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Folgrimeo

Quote from: Mad Maudie on September 22, 2011, 11:45:15 PM
Taria how can you hate Dayna he is Awesome

The one complaint I've seen against Deyna is that he shifts from bad to good in an instant, or rather, shows no signs of ever being bad. There's been a couple other attempts at a character that gradually shifts from one side to another, and given Deyna's upbringing, there should be if nothing else a hint of gray. That didn't happen. He's otter, ergo he's good. I'm not sure what other points can be taken against Deyna, though his personality may have been defined rather strongly by that don't-kill quirk of his. It's a good quirk, but doesn't really carry him as a whole when it's brought up only occasionally.

I always felt a little nervous for some of the Redwall books I didn't like though. Didn't care for "Mossflower" (I read "Martin the Warrior" beforehand, so I found "Mossflower" to be dull by comparison) which is one of the most beloved in the series. I even felt odd for joining The Long Patrol Forums when I didn't like "The Long Patrol".

DanielofRedwall

Triss. It was a bit slow moving and not particually interesting. Second least favourite would be Loamhedge for similar reasons. High Rhulain comes 3rd, Marlfox 4th, and then Doomwyte for similar reasons again. That said, I think all of the books had their moments that were really memorable, so they're all good in their own way. I just think some of the books were better then others.
Received mostly negative reviews.

James Gryphon

Well, although I don't think Lord Brocktree is a bad book, per se, I don't think it was what anyone expected out of a pre-Mossflower book -- and in retrospect, I'm not sure I like a lot of different parts of the basic plot outline. My reasoning is given in detail here.

It's been a long time since I've read Loamhedge. I've heard that parts of it were weak, and I have to question some parts of the plot description I've read.

The main part I have in mind is the handicapped hare, Martha being able to walk just because she wanted to badly enough. It has been pointed out by others, and I agree, that that inadvertently slights everyone who is thus handicapped. If you go to someone that has never been able to walk -- or worse yet, to someone was once able but has since lost that ability due to injury -- and mention the issue to them, I don't think you'll find that a lack of motivation or effort to walk is the main reason why they have so far failed to do so.

All in all, I think it's a strange plot device, especially considering that Redwall was made specially for another group of handicapped people, the blind community, who have enjoyed it ever since. You would think that because of that, the series would be sensitive in handling all kinds of handicaps, but I suppose even a great writer makes a mistake every now and then.

I've criticized High Rhulain multiple times before, and will probably do so again; there were parts of it that I liked, like Leatho Shellhound, and the war between the clans and the cats, before Wildlough arrived. However, I believe it is the only Redwall book where I deliberately skipped through parts of it and didn't read it all, which has to knock points off.

I can't fairly rate a lot of the later books, because I've either never read them, or, while I think I read them, I don't remember the content of the book at all (like Doomwyte).

So I'd say I'd rank High Rhulain at the bottom, because of my failure to read it all the way through before... then maybe Lord Brocktree afterwards, although that is very much personal preference.
« Subject to editing »

DanielofRedwall

I agree, how can Martha just suddenly be able to walk? It really makes no sense. That was one of the Mai reasons Loamhedge didn't interest me as much as the others- it wasn't very realistic. Also, Raga Bol wasn't a particularly interesting villain and Lonna Bowstripe a not very interesting main hero. But, it has been a while since I've read Loamhedge, so I can't judge completely accurately.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lily

I'll have to withhold my final judgement until I've finished re-reading all of the books as I don't know the later ones that well, but from memory I'd have to say Loamhedge, for precisely the reasons listen above.

Matthias720

The Bellmaker is my least favorite book. It's a bit of a departure from the rest of series, and as a sequel, it almost seems forced.

That's not to say I don't like parts of the book, it's only that certain parts drag by in an almost non-Redwall manner.

Redwall Musician

I didn't like Outcast Of Redwall as much as others. It just didn't catch me. But I still liked it (I like all the books) but not as much as *coughs* Lord Brocktree. I see what James means about that book, it doesn't fit into Mossflower, but I have an imagination that doesn't really care. The main reason I like that book is because it is fast-paced and something about Dotti reminds me of myself. It's hard to put words to, but when I read that book it makes me feel like I have hope. Something about Brocktree made me fall in love with it. Of coarse me being very, very stubborn, I don't really care that other people don't like it. It actually makes me like it better because then I'm different.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Mad Maudie

Quote from: Folgrimeo on September 23, 2011, 04:55:45 AM
Quote from: Mad Maudie on September 22, 2011, 11:45:15 PM
Taria how can you hate Dayna he is Awesome

The one complaint I've seen against Deyna is that he shifts from bad to good in an instant, or rather, shows no signs of ever being bad.

he never was really bad he never killed anyone besides vermin i think in his heart he always was GOOD
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~