Doomwyte
8 (8.7%)
The Sable Quean
0 (0%)
The Rogue Crew
7 (7.6%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Skalrag of Marshank

I didn't enjoy Loamhedge. I'm sorry, it was just so BORING.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Mad Maudie on September 23, 2011, 08:44:54 PM
Quote from: Folgrimeo on September 23, 2011, 04:55:45 AM
Quote from: Mad Maudie on September 22, 2011, 11:45:15 PM
Taria how can you hate Dayna he is Awesome

The one complaint I've seen against Deyna is that he shifts from bad to good in an instant, or rather, shows no signs of ever being bad.

he never was really bad he never killed anyone besides vermin i think in his heart he always was GOOD
But...he lived with vermin almost all his life, with no memory of anything else, and yet he was still good in his heart. No one is immune to bad teaching. If I was taught to be a stone-cold killer for half my life, I would end up one. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lilly of Redwall

the ones i dislike are:
Outcast of Redwall
Taggerung
Lord Brocktree
Redwall forever!!!

rakkety tam

flat out taggerung hate the book worst book ever i dont know what is about it i just hate it either that or i dislike it a ton
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Lutra

I recall not liking Loamhedge....not necessarily because of the handicapped hare in the wheelchair who could not walk, I think the plot was just dull, and that's where I stopped reading Redwall.  I think I was just too disappointed with how it came out to try the next book.  Maybe a re-read will shed different light on it, but I will remember Loamhedge as the reason I stopped reading Redwall back some years ago.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Plugg Firetail

Lutra

^ Yes I did.  Depending on which topics you open here, I've talked about my liking for earlier books, and my disdain for the Redwall formula of predictability and it eventually just reached a point I didn't want to continue purchasing the books.  I think I own about half the books, and only read maybe two more that I never went out and bought (Loamhedge being one of them).  I read Rogue Crew on recommendations that it was different and more grusome than previous entries, but that a borrowed book from a library.

So yeah, I definitely stopped.  I reread the older ones, but some like Rakkety Tam, I've not bothered to check out.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Lily

^ Rakkety Tam is worth checking out, in my opinion. I thought it was a step above the other newer ones.

Redwall Musician

*sighs*
Not everyone can love everything. I for one love Sable Quean. I know most people don't, but I do for the fact that it has Vilaya. I would be very much like Vilaya if I were evil. Wait, I am kinda evil...
Anyways, I would give you a sympathetic hug, Lutra, but instead I'll give light punch on your shoulder. *punch!* And I'll go and feel sorry for you.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

KaiTheDog

Outcast of Redwall was... Well, I liked Sunflash and Skarlath immensely, and I grew greatly fond of all of the woodlanders and rooted for them in the book. It's funny when I say that because I end up rooting for the vermin and the major villain. I absolutely HATED Swartt and Veil, the former because he didn't do much villainy (for example, Cluny had one of his hordebeasts run over by a horse; Slagar beat the ever lovin' snot out of dibbuns; Tsarmina blamed her brother for their father's death even though she was the one that poisoned Verdauga; Gabool has a habit of placing knives behind draperies and has an angry pet scorpion in a covered pit; etc ect.) except poisoning which is just SOOO creative and original!
Veil...  There is no excuse for attempted murder of a beast who, what, tweaked his ear? I just could never get over that fact, and thus could not like his character.

Skalrag of Marshank

I'm somewhat tied between Loamhedge and Doomwyte.

Quote from: Redwall Musician on October 07, 2011, 02:13:16 AM
*sighs*
Not everyone can love everything. I for one love Sable Quean. I know most people don't, but I do for the fact that it has Vilaya. I would be very much like Vilaya if I were evil. Wait, I am kinda evil...

I liked The Sable Quean for Vilaya, too. Nice to see a main female villain besides Tsarmina...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Flandor

Ugh Eulalia!.  I hated the badgers in that book, they were way too perfect and annoying.  Didn't like that one much at all, but Doomwyte was also not very good.

I think Brian was simply running short of fresh ideas towards the end.  In Rogue Crew all the characters names felt made-up and the Redwallers seemed actually quite mean in comparison to earlier books (I mean, in Redwall, Abbot Mortimer could barely stand to see the rats hurt).  But Rogue Crew had a scary villain and a strong story.

But in terms of story and everything Eulalia was worst.  I actually quite liked Loamhedge for the most part, unlike everyone else it seems.  Bragoon and Saro were just awesome!
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Mad Maudie

i loved
Loamhedge
Sable queen
Taggerung
Outcast of redwall
i did not like
Rouge crew
Doomwryte
triss
Eulalia was not bad but not very good but i think i am going to read some of them over  
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Taggerung The Otter

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on September 22, 2011, 01:28:54 PM
So, which one is it? Mine is definitely Taggerung. You can post which one you don't like, and why you don't like it.
I don't like Taggerung because there isn't a proper main villain, there are no good battles, and it is pretty sad. And I'm sorry to say that Deyna is one of my least favourite characters.
awww man :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

hens162