Taking part in the story

Started by NileJoy, May 02, 2016, 09:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NileJoy

It is said that a book is a portal which leads to a greater world full of adventures and dangers. While we are reading we're taking part in that adventure and live at the same time with the characters. But what if we were able to change the events. If you were a main character in one of these books or in more books(Redwall books), what species would you be, what would your role be and how would it affect the main story?
Add me on Steam ::)

Captain Tammo

Hmm.... I would realistically be a mouse that's a craftsbeast (I'm in engineering school so I suppose that makes sense). I can see myself living at Redwall and getting sucked up into an adventure with my friends - kind of like Tiria and her friends in High Rhulain. I'd love to go on an adventure like the one she went on (won't give any details on that one considering the spoilers)!

Although, there is something about the idea of being a swashbuckling explorer on the great Western Sea that also sounds very appealing... I would be a character who provides the transportation to the central characters of the story and ends up tagging along with them, taking part in the adventure and ultimately settling down for a happy, peaceful life :)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

LT Sandpaw

I think I'd join the events of The Long Patrol as a youthful hare, maybe as a young Galloper in the unit or a good friend of Tammo's, and run off with him to join the Patrol, maybe even achieve the rank of Lieutenant. It is possible, he was made Captain after all. As for changing parts of the story, I dunno, maybe one or two things, but nothing that effects the tale overall. I wouldn't want to ruin anything.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro